Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Henry IV, Part II (edition 2009)
Henry IV, Part II by William Shakespeare
Books Read in 2014 (510)
Is contained in
Has the adaptation
Was inspired by
Has as a reference guide/companion
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074348505X, Mass Market Paperback)FOLGER Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by A. R. Braunmuller
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:14 -0400)
Powerful rebels are mustering their forces to topple the aging King Henry IV from his throne. Their success seems assured because the dying king cannot depend upon his son and heir Prince Hal. Instead, King Henry relies on the aid of the latest war hero Sir John Falstaff...and the kingdom is soon in for a big surprise.
(summary from another edition)
An edition of this book was published by Audible.com.
An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.