Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie

Murder on the Links (original 1923; edition 1974)

by Agatha Christie

Member:wisewoman
Title:Murder on the Links
Authors:Agatha Christie
Info:Dell (1974), Mass Market Paperback
Collections:My Library
Tags:Mystery

Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie (1923)

English (51)  Spanish (1)  Finnish (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (54)
This e-book edition is very badly formatted.
It's turns out to be the uncorrected output of OCR, and many words, and even complete sentences are left out. So I quit reading this book any further after chapter 13. I'm looking for a better version nevertheless...
  AnneTanne | Jun 19, 2016 |
Another classic Hercule Poirot mystery by Agatha Christie. I love any book starring Hercule Poirot, but in this book, Hastings was the shining star for me. I found his blundering around the case extremely amusing. I also enjoyed following his love story in this one. Poirot did an excellent job solving the case, but I really enjoyed the comic relief provided by Hastings in this one.
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
After my disappointment with the first book in the Poirot series I'm pleased to admit that this second installment turned out to be a vast improvement. I like narrative's upbeat tone. It's fast paced yet leaves plenty of room for reflection.

More than once the problems facing Poirot and his friend appear to be resolved, only for a twist here, a turn there, and more investigation is required.

The characters are all well-drawn, especially Poirot.

Overall, an entertaining read. ( )
  PhilSyphe | May 22, 2016 |
This was such a fun, entertaining reading experience! Listening to Murder on the Links as an audiobook really worked, the narrator (Hugh Fraser) did a splendid job! Especially with the french accent voices. There were twists and turns in this murder mystery right up until the very end, I was certainly kept on my toes. Only downside to me where the many names I sometimes mixed up, making things slightly confusing at times but I soon found my way back to the story. Really recommend this to those who have yet to read it, and especially I would like to recommend the audiobooks with Hugh Fraser - such a relaxing and fun experience.
  zombiehero | Mar 25, 2016 |
Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie - good

Oops, another Agatha Christie so soon after the last one! My excuse is that I've needed to read things on my kindle recently as I've hurt my arm and am finding holding a book difficult. This was sitting in my TBR folder just tempting me. Sadly, as it was given to me, I think whatever software was used to break the DRM mangled the text a bit as there were a few places which had [missing], thankfully not enough to spoil the read, but a little annoying.

This one is written from Hasting's perspective and I found that quite different (think it is the first of that style I've read). It was also different from the TV adaptation which was quite refreshing (didn't like the way the TV played up silly rivalries and added comedy).

Not the best Agatha Christie, not the worst. Certainly worked in the 'keep Chrys occupied without straining her arm' stakes!
  Cassandra2020 | Jan 24, 2016 |

Agatha Christieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fraser, HughNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gibbs, ChristopherCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moffatt, JohnStarring cast membersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To My Husband

a fellow enthusiast for detective stories

and to whom I am indebted for much

helpful advice and criticism
I believe that a well-known anecdote exists to the effect that a young writer, determined to make the commencement of his story forcible and original enough to catch and rivet the attention of the most blasé of editors, penned the following sentence: '"Hell!" said the Duchess.'

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425067947, Mass Market Paperback)

A millionaire's been found stabbed in the back on his private golf course. Hercule Poirot finds no shortage of suspects in the victim's family tree, but even he is surprised when the killer strikes again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:07 -0400)

An urgent cry for help brings Poirot to France. But he arrives too late to save his client, whose brutally stabbed body now lies face downwards in a shallow grave on a golf course. But why is the dead man wearing his son's overcoat? And who was the impassioned love-letter in the pocket for? Before Poirot can answer these questions, the care is turned upside down by the discovery of a second, identically murdered corpse.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,497,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible