Me Tarzan -- You Jane by Camelia Miron Skiba

Me Tarzan -- You Jane

by Camelia Miron Skiba

Received an ARC for honest review for netgalley. I didn't feel the same connection to this story that other reviewers did. Jane and Lucas were two people who do not really have much in common, and when they meet have a couple of misunderstanding and can not stand each other and Jane tries to avoid Lucas, she should have stayed that way. When they started spending time together they ended up giving each other a chance, and he ended up hurting her in the long run. I thought book was supposed to be a feel good book, I like those, I didn't get that. So I am going to go with, second chances. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Dec 1, 2016 |
The Sexy Book Cover Model
The Repressed Author
And A Very Precocious Loving Child

What could be better than a sexy book cover model and a new writer at the author's conference! Picture a man better than Fabio with a capital B, and you have our hero in this story. Handsome hunky men and the strict, you have to go by my rules, writer come together for fun, laughter, attraction, and romance.

STORY LINE:

Lucas Oliver is at the height of his career. He's sexy, handsome, sex appeal waffles around him and he graces many romance book covers. Jane Sullivan, pen name Jane O'Malley, is a new author at the book conference. Jane's widowed with a 5-year-old daughter, Ella Rae, and believes love happens once in a lifetime; she has high moral, life, and work standards. Lucas and Jane meet at the convention and it is swords drawn by Jane and instance dislike for the sexy Lucas.

Come along with Jane and Lucas as they travel the highs and lows of a stormy trouble filled relationship filled with romance, laughter, fun, and maybe love will come during this journey.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Author Camelia Miron Skiba's plotting in this story was very good as she includes romance, conflict and adversaries. She starts the book with turbulent emotions and kept the emotion at high peak as she reveals the character of sexy cover model Lucas. Ms. Skiba portrayed Lucas as a real person with feelings, issues, ideals, ambitions, and problems, rather than a fantasy character that is nothing except his sex appeal and looks.

Jane's character development throughout this book was progressive and wonderful to watch. Ms. Skiba created a fun character in Jane with her many "eye rolls" and quips. Ms. Skiba's skill in story-telling is evident in this book.

I loved the look we get into the romance writers conference as many of us will never get the chance to attend. I read this book as the convention/conference was in Las Vegas and found the story-line fascinating.

The inclusion of Jane's daughter, Ella, was a wonderful addition to this story-line. Ella's character is so sweet and precocious, you will want to grab her and give her a big kiss. I found her character essential to the story as she grabs Lucas' heart and the heart of the reader.

Ms. Skiba included an adversarial character you will love to hate; you find yourself rooting for Lucas and Jane, as Ms. Skiba developed this obnoxious character.

I found the middle of the book a little slow, but the story quickly picked up speed and kept my interest. The romance is top-notch, the relationship between Jane, Ella, and Lucas, was well-developed and paced. I found this a fun relaxing book to read.

RECOMMENDATION: 4 STARS

I recommend this book to anyone that likes a well-developed story-line filled with romance, laughter, and conflict.

Book review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest book review.

Book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion; all book reviews on line and on my blog, are my opinion. ( )
  vera_mallard | Apr 17, 2016 |
Tension, romance, personal growth, and quirky personalities - all fabulous ingredients for a romantic comedy!

This book starts off strong, introducing characters with personality and spunk right off the bat, and not letting up throughout the whole story. Written like a tale of personal experience, this story is easy to imagine, follow, and get wrapped up in. I could easily see this story on the silver screen, and have to admit, ended up picturing actors as the characters the whole time, making it a very entertaining read.

The writing flows fairly smoothly, and is full of emotion and contemporary issues a lot of people could relate to. The author did an amazing job describing her characters, setting her scenes, and conveying the emotion and drama of the story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and would read just about anything written by this author.

This is a book I plan on reading again, and would recommend to others.

*I was given a eBook copy, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

Makeup artist Jane is going through the motions, but she's never really put her life back together after the death of her husband. Raising their young daughter and keeping his memory fresh in her mind seems in some ways to be all she's capable of doing. So when she's stuck working with a cover model who turns every woman's head while his arrogance works her last nerve, she's pretty sure she's incapable of any kind of relationship — especially with someone as irritating as the famous Lucas Oliver.

The Verdict: I had really high hopes for this one and was so excited when it landed in my inbox, but it never really lived up to what I'd expected.

Jane was likable enough, and her daughter was sweet and super-cute without being over-the-top. But Lucas was hard for me to stomach for most of the book. Aside from the fact that he loved his brother and was nice to Jane's kid, he didn't seem to have a single redeeming quality, and hating the lead man for 40% of the book doesn't really make for an enjoyable read.

The writing was fine, except for that fake undercover cop thing at the beginning, but I realized after a while that I was just pushing myself to get to the last page just so I'd be done with it. I think my complete dislike for Lucas really colored everything else I might have felt about the story, and by the time he was ready to be a decent guy and go for a relationship with Jane, I was just tired of it all. Jane was too much of a pushover, never putting her foot down when it came to being told what to do, and Lucas was… Well, he was just Lucas the jerk for way too long. I'm all for stories that have people hating each other at the beginning and then making their way toward love at the end, but this one just didn't do it for me.

***FicCentral received this book from AToMR Tours for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |
4 stars

This has drama, romance, humor and characters that I want to keep reading about. It is easy to fall into the story and not want to put it down.

My favorite part of the story is their trip to France. How they draw so close and learn to be there for each other.

I like the characters. Especially Ella and her mother Jane.

Jane is a widow who never plans on remarrying. She is very shy. Only slept with her husband. She is a unpublished writer.

Ella is a cute 4 year old. I really like the scenes with her and Lucas. She brings smiles to me when I read actions.

Lucas Oliver is a famous cover model. He is a playboy who parties at first glance.

My least part of the book is when they become lovers. Jane is going against what she thinks is right and does not want to be seen in public with Lucas.

I loved the ending chapters. It was perfect for the characters.

I was given this ebook to read by author and in return I agreed to give a honest review of it. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 14, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible