Broken by M.L. Young

Broken

by M.L. Young

751,138,814 (2.33)None

I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

The synopsis was amazing when I first got this book. It sounded very similar to "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire, which I absolutely love, so I was very excited to read another novel like that.

This is nothing like BD... First, I really dislike the dialogue in this book. It's stilted, awkward, and sounds like they are learning English as a second language and not sure which words to use in their sentence. Second, I don't really like Bailey. I mean, she's fine I guess, but there's no personality to her. She's just there and going through the motions, but not really getting into anything. Kyle is alright, but again, no feelings when it comes to him.

It's almost like the author knows how to write when they are doing, but not what they are feeling and doesn't know how to put it down in words to make it flow better.

So, yeah, this book. I just couldn't. I really wanted to like it, but definitely didn't, sadly. ( )
  JeracaFite | Jan 25, 2016 |
Received this arc via netgalley in exchange for a honest review

I don't know with this book after reading the description, I thought yeah this is going to be a great read. But upon reading it really didn't do the description justice. We have here the making of a great book if it was look at again, there was no oomph to it. It didn't scream out to me. ( )

Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,457,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible