All Is Calm: A Lonestar Christmas Novella by…

All Is Calm: A Lonestar Christmas Novella

by Colleen Coble

This Christmas, Lauren seeks sanctuary and finds unexpected romance at the Bluebird Ranch.The Bluebird Ranch is the perfect place for Lauren Everman to hide. As the witness to a murder, she needs a place to catch her breath and the ranch's owners offer her much needed sanctuary. Her skill with horses means shes able to lend a hand with the foster kids who come to the ranch to learn to ride. Little Carly, age five, is her first and most shy student.… (more)

After witnessing a murder, Lauren Everman seeks sanctuary at the Bluebird Ranch during the Christmas season. Brendan Waddell is also staying at the ranch to recover from a gunshot wound he sustained during his Special Ops work. And he's got reason to suspect Lauren in connection with the murder she witnessed in All is Calm: A Lonestar Christmas Novella by author Colleen Coble.

I haven't read any of the novels in the Lonestar series, but I didn't have to before reading this standalone book. In keeping with its lovely cover of twinkling nighttime stars and Christmas lights, the story includes holiday warmth, affection, faith, and peace.

The unfolding suspense was what I liked most about this story, as the plot turned out to be a little more involved than I was expecting. However, I tend to prefer a sharper style in suspense reads. Some parts here didn't feel the most natural or original, especially concerning the romance, and I'm not convinced when a dangerous scene seems contrived—when a character walks into or remains in an obviously hazardous situation instead of getting out of there or calling for help.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed this fairly quick read overall. It was my first time trying this author, and I plan to do so again. ( )
  NadineC.Keels | Nov 25, 2019 |
A sweet Christian suspense romance. Be warned...this is sugary sweet. 😁 ( )
  whybehave2002 | Nov 7, 2017 |
Lauren Everman seeks refuge at the Bluebird Ranch after she witnesses a murder but also to save a horse. As a foster child who once experienced Bluebird Ranch first hand, she knows what a sweet haven it is. Lauren offers to help Rick and Allie with the horses and also with kids who want to learn to ride. Carly, a little five year who's shy and quiet, tugs at Lauren's heart. Brendan Waddell finds himself at Bluebird Ranch over holidays to rest and recover from a gunshot wound. When Brendan and Lauren meet the attraction is strong. As they work together to find the truth as well as give Carly a very special Christmas, the attraction turns to something a little deeper. The killer, however, just might not allow Lauren to celebrate Christmas.

All Is Calm is a Christmas story Colleen Coble style with mystery, suspense and of course romance! You are immediately drawn into the story and don't want to put it down until the very end. I loved getting to know Lauren, Brendan and little Carly, all of whom were fully fleshed out. You'll find lots of great chemistry between Brendan and Lauren which I thoroughly enjoyed. The Lonestar Series is one of my favorites so when I saw All Is Calm, I new it was a must read. It was such fun to return to the ranch and catch up with Rick and Allie again. A message of faith and trust in God is woven throughout the story, which I appreciated. Though this is a novella, to me it didn't feel that way. Other than wanting the story to continue, I felt completely satisfied. So, if you're looking for a quick Christmas read with mystery, suspense and romance, I recommend you head on over to the Bluebird Ranch, where All Is Calm...or is it??

For information about this book or other books by Colleen Coble, I recommend you visit her website site at http://colleencoble.com/ ( )
  love2readnovels | Dec 11, 2014 |
This is wrong on every count

Colleen Coble is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,526,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible