The Snowman Storybook (Pictureback(R)) by…

The Snowman Storybook (Pictureback(R))

by Raymond Briggs

355630,716 (4)None

Summary:
This children's book is about a little boy who made a snowman in the snow one day. One evening, the little boy realizes that his snowman he made is magical. The little boy and the snowman take off on an adventure through the night and become best friends.

riendship, fun, and flying
Review:
This children's book reminds me a lot of Frosty the Snowman. This book is full of friendship, fun, and flying and I think children would love it. The illustrations in the book are excellent and make the book so much better. They really do capture the essence of the story. ( )
  mnorth2 | Oct 21, 2014 |
A boy makes a snowman and images an adventure
  AkiHicks | Dec 2, 2013 |
The Snowman by Raymond Briggs

This story is a wordless book. It vividly shows a little boy in the snow trying to build a snowman. It shows the whiteness of the snow. It shows the long hard processes of building a snowman.

I think this is a great story for non readers and readers alike. I can almost feel the coolness of the snow.

I would use this book for young elementary children. I would use it with a winter theme and do a KWL chart for the students about what they know about making a snowman. In Oklahoma, they probably have gotten this experience, but in other states they may not have much snow. ( )
  megjwal | Sep 11, 2010 |
The Snowman is an instant classic. The pictures are amazing!!! It is about a boy who makes a snowman one day and that night the snowman comes to life. The boy shows his house to the snowman and then they go flying. When the boy gets up in the morning the snowman is gone.

As a student this book is the perfect book. I love that I can read this book without looking at the words. I can make up my own story. When I do read the words I get a little sad, but overall great book.

As a teacher this book is a great book to get my students to use their imagination. They can think about what the boy and snowman are thinking at any given time. This is a very beginning reader book, so it would not work with older students, but still a classic. ( )
  kirkonly | Feb 26, 2008 |
$3.50
  hse | Apr 13, 2007 |

Raymond Briggs was born in London in 1934.  At the age of 15, he  went to Wimbeldon Art School to learn how to draw, as he wanted to become a cartoonist.  But there he was told that cartooning was not a profession for gentlemen and that he ought to be a painter.  Raymond then went on to the Slade School in London to study painting as a full-time student.  During his spare time, he began work on a portfolio of illustrations of all kinds, including jackets and a wide selection of drawings to take to publishers.  After illustrating for advertising, newspapers and books, Raymond discovered that book illustration inspired him the most, since it offered far greater variety and freedom than anything else.  Raymond has always found it unfavorable to sustain a consistent illustration style for a long period of time.  He is always seeking to try something else new and different with his work.  Some of Raymond's best known works are The Snowman , The Man , and The Bear .  The setting for The Snowman is based on Raymond's own house and garden, which is in Sussex, England at the foot of South Downs, a few miles from Brighton.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 09 Dec 2014 16:51:23 -0500)

When his snowman comes to life, a little boy invites him into his home and in return is taken on a flight high above the countryside. Unlike the original edition, this version has words.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,342,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible