Homecoming by Kass Morgan

Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2015), 352 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:bn, High Value Target, guilty

Homecoming by Kass Morgan

English (9)  German (1)  All languages (10)
Great conclusion! Everything wrapped up quite nicely, and yeah...Bellamy is still amazing. ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |
3.5 stars

I still haven’t started this show, but reading this installment of the book series made me really want to watch it. I’m more interested in the lives of the cast and finding out the outcomes. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
3.5 stars

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Sadly, book 3 has a disappointing and unrealistic ending to the series. After discovering a plot by the vice chancellor to kill Bellamy, Luke and Glass go out on their own. I could not understand why they did not stick by their friends. A likable and "smart" character does something stupid and it does not end well. Also, there is a change in a character at the very end that is unexplained and unrealistic. Overall, an enjoyable series, but as with many 3 book series', it was not as good as the first 2 books. ( )
  AmandaSanders | Sep 13, 2016 |
Things become more interesting when the other colonists land on Earth. Reading the book I thought that if the 100 knew what they´d have to face, they wouldn´t have helped the colonists.
In this book the main characters leave behind their past to focus on their turbulent present; after all, their lives are upside down and reach an unbearable level with the arrival of the colonists; in addition to that, they have a veiled enemy, who hasn´t shown a face yet, the bad Earthborns. In the other books I wondered if they really existed because nobody had seen one of them yet.
This book is full of action, unpredictable twist and turns, and losses. The 100 will have to pick a side, make hard decisions and fight for their right to inhabit a planet their ancestors left behind centuries ago while some Earthborns want to exterminate them.
The smooth writing flows in an easy way and drives you through the length of the book in a rushed tempo. The ending of each chapter makes you start the next one because you can´t stop reading until satiating your curiosity.
The secret of the mysterious deaths are revealed at the end of the book; it will be a big surprise. I couldn´t predict it.
Definitely it is the best book of the trilogy; when I finished reading, I caught myself wondering what would come next; I wish there were more books because there are infinite options to describe their lives in a new, hostile, and unknown planet they started to call home. ( )
  CyciCade | Jul 8, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316381969, Paperback)

Humanity is coming home.

Weeks after landing on Earth, the Hundred have managed to create a sense of order amidst their wild, chaotic surroundings. But their delicate balance comes crashing down with the arrival of new dropships from space.

These new arrivals are the lucky ones-back on the Colony, the oxygen is almost gone-but after making it safely to Earth, GLASS's luck seems to be running out. CLARKE leads a rescue party to the crash site, ready to treat the wounded, but she can't stop thinking about her parents who may still be alive. Meanwhile, WELLS struggles to maintain his authority despite the presence of the Vice Chancellor and his armed guards, and BELLAMY must decide whether to face or flee the crimes he thought he'd left behind.

It's time for the Hundred to come together and fight for the freedom they've found on Earth, or risk losing everything-and everyone-they love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:49 -0400)

"Humanity is coming home. Weeks after landing on Earth, the hundred have managed to create a sense of order amid their wild, chaotic surroundings. But their delicate balance comes crashing down with the arrival of new dropships from space. These new arrivals are the lucky ones--back on the Colony, the oxygen is almost gone--but after making it safely to Earth, Glass's luck seems to be running out. Clarke leads a rescue party to the crash site, ready to treat the wounded, but she can't stop thinking about her parents, who may still be alive. Meanwhile Wells struggles to maintain his authority despite the presence of the Vice Chancellor and his armed guards, and Bellamy must decide whether to flee or face the crimes he thought he'd left behind. It's time for the hundred to come together and fight for the freedom they've found on Earth, or risk losing everything--and everyone--they love"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,679,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible