dismiss

Code of Conduct: A Thriller (The Scot…

Code of Conduct: A Thriller (The Scot Harvath Series) (edition 2015)

by Brad Thor (Author)

Hidden deep within one of the world's most powerful organizations is a secret committee with a devastating agenda. Its members are afforded incredible protections-considered elites, untouchables. But when four seconds of video is captured halfway around the world and anonymously transmitted to D.C., covert wheels are set in motion and counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath is tapped to undertake the deadliest assignment of his career. What begins as a favour will evolve into a globe-spanning drama of highly personal stakes played out against a backdrop of stunning international intrigue, duplicitous political gamesmanship and the darkest, most clandestine fears of the espionage world. With razor-sharp plotting, richly rendered characters and heart-stopping surprises on every page, Thor is on top of his game.… (more)
Member:petrichor8
Title:Code of Conduct: A Thriller (The Scot Harvath Series)
Authors:Brad Thor (Author)
Info:Atria/Emily Bestler Books (2015), Edition: 1st, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Code of Conduct: A Thriller by Brad Thor

Thor at his best

Each book seems to get better and better as the series continues. The stakes in this one were much higher, deadly, and personal for Harvath. You get to see what makes him tick and how he responds to global weight upon his shoulders. Then even more on the personal side, you see his relationship with Lara, a Boston PD homicide detective, develop throughout the book. Excellent. ( )
  BenjaminThomas | Mar 16, 2018 |
I won this book through Goodreads and agreed to give it an honest review. Now I'm a new fan of Brad Thor! Hidden inside of the most powerful organizations lurks a secret so astounding that it's unbelievable and suddenly Scot Harvath's world would change drastically! Four seconds of a video captured halfway around the world and sent anonymously to Washington sets a horror loose that makes the Black Plague look like the measles! Someone has a devious plan to eliminate over a BILLION people and set the world, including high ranking personnel in every country with a virus so deadly that even reaches to the White House!! Is anyone safe and how could the virus be stopped even if the had time to come up with an antidote? ( )
  Linda.Bass | May 15, 2016 |
At least for the first half of this book, Thor didn't do a lot of political pontificating (though Harvath's negative thoughts about one particular character seemed to offer Thor a chance to vent about ... well, I'm not really sure what). The second half of the book, however, gave Thor plenty of opportunity to express his thoughts about the UN, a thinly-disguised Agenda 21 (a current right-wing boogeyman), and the US government (in particular government bureaucrats). Frankly, it gets tedious. Just tell me a good story! And this one was ... meh. However, the events of Code of Conduct should make for an interesting follow up story (I hope). ( )
  MSWallack | Nov 23, 2015 |
This book was amazing- the writing is very well and the development keeps your interest. Brad Thor is a great author who will soon be one of my absolute favorites! There was crazy action and the tech talk wasn't difficult to follow along. Usually with medical stories like this, I have to skip over bits of information because it's not written in layman's terms. I was able to follow this and shudder in awe and shock at the storyline. I will never forget this story! ( )
  AReneeHunt | Aug 24, 2015 |
In "Code of Conduct" ex-Navy SEAL Scot Harvath is sent to the Democratic Republic of Congo to learn what happened to a WHO health clinic..

He and his team discover that the health clinic is empty but has been sanitized. Further investigation shows that there had been a blood bath. They search the area and come upon a father and his blind son and learn what transpired.

In a linked story, we learn of a beautiful woman who was trapped in a sex slave operation and what happens when she's had too much to bear.

As the action continues to fire up the pages, a billionaire maniaz feels the world's population is too vast and will destroy the world. He conspires to set up a plan to drastically lower the population of the world.

With nervous hands turning the pages I feared for the world and follow as the plot moves to the United States. People begin to become sick and die.

An African fever -African Hemorrhagic Fever- (in the Ebola family) is set loose and more and more people become affected.

How will anyone stop the virus from wiping out large segments of the world? Then a twist that couldn't be foreseen changes the direction of the story...

Sounds terrifying....let me catch my breath. ( )
  mikedraper | Jul 28, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,649,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible