Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Miramont's Ghost by Elizabeth Hall

Miramont's Ghost (original 2015; edition 2015)

by Elizabeth Hall (Author)

2571966,927 (3.01)22
Member:bytheseabchcmbr
Title:Miramont's Ghost
Authors:Elizabeth Hall (Author)
Info:Lake Union Publishing (2015), 334 pages

Miramont's Ghost by Elizabeth Hall (2015)

Miramont's Ghost is a mind boggling story about a young girl named Adrienne Beauvier. Adrienne was born a clairvoyant, the same as her grandmother, thus can see things others cannot. At the beginning of the story we meet a young Adrienne who is full of life and love. As the tale goes on we see how Adrienne responds to loss and goes from lively to just a hollow person. The story eventually centers on Miramont Castle, which is built my Adrienne's cousin and then abandoned only a few years after completion. I absolutely love how Elizabeth Hall has developed the character of Adrienne Beauvier. The last 1/4 of this book turns pretty tragic and I was literally left mouth agape at some parts. If you are looking for a good read and can stomach a gut wrenching ghost story, then this is the book for you!
  saudia89 | Feb 26, 2019 |
Breaking my rule about no longer using the star ratings here to give this book a 1 star review. It is messy, flat and predictable. There is nothing "atmospheric" about it. None of the characters are likeable or relatable. It isn't quite paranormal, and not quite a psychological thriller. The prose in this book is presented as info dumps. Any comparison to Daphne du Maurier's "Rebecca" is absurd. ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
I was going to give this 3 stars until I got to the end. I was disappointed in the plot twist and appalled with the way it was handled. ( )
  Thebrownbookloft | Jun 29, 2018 |
I have mixed feelings about this book. It was not the ghost story I was expecting. In fact, the ghost is rarely mentioned. The book was based on real-life events, however from what I can gather, the main character was fictional, which seems a bit odd. I did love the first part of the book describing the main character Adrienne's early years while she was under her loving grandfather's protection. I was fascinated by her clairvoyant visions. Her grandfather's death and the arrival of her awful aunt and cousin drastically changed her life. The mid-section of the book drug on a bit describing her life up to the age of 16 when her family was ruled by her domineering aunt who wished to keep her clairvoyance hidden from the world. The last section became downright depressing as Adrienne was forced to move to America to serve her aunt and cousin at Miramont Castle. I don't require a happy ending to every story, but what happens to her there at the hands of her aunt and cousin was beyond awful! ( )
  library_gal | Apr 9, 2016 |
A Kindle First selection. First of all, I do not like spooky stories. I am not normally a “ghost story” type of person. I didn’t know it was a ghost story at first. I thought it was going to be a supernatural period piece. A sort of steam-punk-lite book was what I got from the description. Well, I was wrong. It was a ghost/horror-lite story. The main character is one you have a lot of sympathy for and well you end up really hating the antagonists. The fact that someone can dream up such cruel characters really baffles me. These character aren’t just bad they are cruel and evil at heart and the further the book goes into their motivations the more you dislike them. Well written but with characters I’d like to forget which is why it gets an “okay” rating. ( )
  Rosenectur | Mar 10, 2016 |
For June
She sat at the piano, fingers still poised over the now-silent keys.

Miramont Castle, built in 1897 and mysteriously abandoned three years later, is home to many secrets. Only one person knows the truth: Adrienne Beauvier, granddaughter of the Comte de Challembelles and cousin to the man who built the castle. Clairvoyant from the time she could talk, Adrienne's visions show her the secrets of those around her. When her visions begin to reveal dark mysteries of her own aristocratic French family, Adrienne is confronted by her formidable Aunt Marie, who is determined to keep the young woman silent at any cost. Marie wrenches Adrienne from her home in France and takes her to America, to Miramont Castle, where she keeps the girl isolated and imprisoned. Surrounded by eerie premonitions, Adrienne is locked in a life-or-death struggle to learn the truth and escape her torment.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,493,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible