Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic? by…

Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic? (edition 1970)

by Walter J. Chantry

Member:lettermen
Title:Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic?
Authors:Walter J. Chantry
Info:Banner of Truth (1970), Paperback, 93 pages
Tags:pseudo, corporate faithfulness, justification, foundation

Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic? by Walter J. Chantry

Today's Gospel
Walter Chantry
To date this book continues to influence the way I talk to people about the Lord and what I specifically say. It cuts to the heart of how poorly I viewed what Christ did and how I spoke about the Gospel. It was as if Rev. Chantry was speaking to me. I enjoyed the learning of the major and slight flaws we make when telling others about Christ. His book made me realize it is so much more than I can ever express and yet so necessary to try to put into words what the Lord did do and accomplish. Truly a book that would allow almost anyone who does not know the Lord to crave the way of salvation He provided. It was a book that truly influenced my faith when I was a new believer and still does today. One of the most important things I learned from Rev. Chantry was state what the Bible really says not what people think it says and always remembers the gospel is not my standard of measurement but God's standard. ( )
  Robin661 | Jun 29, 2012 |
Walter Chantry hits the evangelism nail on its proverbial head with a well-laid out explanation of biblical Gospel-sharing. The case he makes necessarily requires a refutation of modern evangelistic techniques.
Five points (likely more important to our day than those more-touted Five Points of Calvinism, though there are direct connections) are the focus: the attributes of God, the holy law of God, repentance, a call to bow to the enthroned Christ, and the perversion of assurance.
Hard-hitting and honest, Chantry pulls no punches, as seen in such statements as "...the Bible knows of no such grotesque creature as one who is saved but is unrepentant." (Walter Chantry, "Today's Gospel: authentic or synthetic?", pp. 54.)
I recommend this highly to anyone who preaches and to anyone who wants to be delivered from such poor methodologies as have developed in the 20 and 21st centuries.
  Ron_Gilbert | Jun 1, 2012 |
Great book shows how the modern church will use any method to bring in people. Most modern converts dont stick around with the church. ( )
  JohnnieBurgessJr | Apr 22, 2006 |

A challenging presentation of the nature of the gospel, and the communication of it today.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,393,578 books! | Top bar: Always visible