I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

I Let You Go (original 2014; edition 2016)

by Clare Mackintosh (Author)

Member:carolinewort
Title:I Let You Go
Authors:Clare Mackintosh (Author)
Info:Berkley (2016), 384 pages

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh (2014)

The Night Following by Morag Joss (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: In these haunting psychological suspense novels, hit and run accidents are the catalysts for a cycle of boundary-blurring obsession and grief. Though the plots and the character relationships differ in these complex novels, both offer absorbing reads.… (more)

English (110)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (113)
Jenna Gray escapes to an island in Wales to start a new life following a car accident that killed a young boy. She just starts to get comfortable in her new life when her world is turned upside down. This psychological/mystery/thriller will keep you guessing even after you have read the last pages. ( )
  Rdglady | Nov 20, 2018 |
Pretty average mystery/thriller. ( )
  redwritinghood38 | Nov 6, 2018 |
3.5 stars. 4 stars for part one....in fact, the end of part one startled me to where I reread it a few times to see if I had properly comprehended!! I knocked off a half star b/c by the time it ended I felt like there were just one too many "twists" or "reveals." I enjoyed reading this book very much...just got a bit predictable and twisty at the end. ( )
  Master275 | Oct 30, 2018 |
A great fast paced read. Fantastic debut.

For a complete review please click on the link or paste it onto your browser.

http://onerightword.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/i-let-you-go-clare-mackintosh.html ( )
  ashkrishwrites | Aug 29, 2018 |
Hit and run accident leaves a little boy dead and a mother devastated. A hunt is on for the driver. Jenna leaves the area as she is tortured by the memory of the accident. A big twist in the middle of the book turns things around and the reader becomes riveted to the story. Be forewarned there is violence and abuse is story which makes it hard to read at times. The end may leave you speechless! Recommended for those who like mystery thrillers! ( )
  EadieB | Aug 20, 2018 |

Schepmann, PhilippSprechersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schumacher, RainerTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thorpe, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Alex
The wind flicks wet hair across her face, and she screws up her eyes against the rain.

A tragic accident. A past you can't escape.

It all happened so quickly.
She couldn't have prevented it.
Could she?

In a split-second, Jenna Gray's world descends into a nightmare. Her only hope of moving on is to walk away from everything she knows, to start afresh. Desperate to escape, Jenna moves to a remote cottage on the Welsh coast, but she is haunted by her fears, her grief and her memories of a cruel November night that changed her life for ever.

Slowly, Jenna begins to glimpse the potential for happiness in her future. But her past is about to catch up with her, and the consequences will be devastating...

-- I Let You Go At the same time, the novel tracks the pair of Bristol police investigators trying to get to the bottom of this hit-and-run. As they chase down one hopeless lead after another, they find themselves as drawn to each other as they are to the frustrating, twist-filled case before them. Elizabeth Haynes, author of Into the Darkest Corner *Peter James, author of Want You Dead From the Hardcover edition.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,718,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible