Death of Wolverine by Charles Soule

Death of Wolverine

by Charles Soule

Wow. Flabbergasted with that ending! I was genuinely engaged throughout and then that's the ending? I mean, come on! I expected a shock an awe conclusion. I'm still giving it 4 stars because I still enjoyed it and really liked the series of sketches included. Ending just feels like a bit of a let down. ( )
  Mischenko | Nov 30, 2017 |
Disappointing conclusion. ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
Charles Soule is a great writer, and my opinion of this story does not reflect my opinion of him as a writer. Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, and She-Hulk are all great. Try as he might though I just couldn't bring myself to care about the death of Wolverine who I believe has not been written consistently since he joined the New Avengers. I thought of giving this three stars just because I am glad he's dead but knowing comics he'll be back in six months. ( )
  FourOfFiveWits | Feb 23, 2015 |
Not really sure what the big deal over this was. The story is ultimately a big meh. The only saving grace for the book is McNiven's art, and even that didn't seem to be up to his usual standards. To be honest, I wanted this book to be great. Wolverine may be one of the most overused characters Marvel has, but I truly expected something way better for his death than what this series offered.

And to be fair, part of me expected there to be a "non-death" at the end of this story. You can't just kill off a character who appears in roughly half your books, right Marvel? See you after Secret Wars, Wolverine. ( )
  tapestry100 | Jan 27, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785193510, Hardcover)

All roads must end somewhere, and every hero's story eventually comes to a close. For Logan, the century-old mutant known as Wolverine, that time is now. The loss of his healing factor and the traumatic events of "Three Months To Die" have all led to this, the single most important X-Men event of the decade. Over the years, Logan has been a warrior, a hero, a renegade, a savage, a samurai, a teacher - and so much more. Logan has spent decades being the best there is at what he does...but even the best fade away eventually. And now, the greatest X-Men hero will play a role he's never played before in this solemn special event brought to you by industry superstars Charles Soule and Steve McNiven.

COLLECTING: Death of Wolverine 1-4

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:36 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,172,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible