Chasing the Dead by Joe Schreiber

Chasing the Dead (2006)

by Joe Schreiber

English (16)  German (2)  All languages (18)
Chasing the dead is a classic and unique novel due to its different story line. The action on every page tells a story in itself, admitting something new on every page. Not even a page you wouldn't lose Interest in this Story.The story is about a mother fighting to get her child back from an evil, twisted killer. The action and main story is amazing and I highly recommend this book.
  br13evme | Mar 5, 2013 |
This book was good. It was action-packed,suspenseful and on the creepy side. It was a great read and kept me on the edge of my seat, wanting to read more. ( )
  ctmsludu | Jun 11, 2012 |
Joe Schreiber is extremely good.He makes his book so vivid. Especially this one.Where she has to do jobs for Amysterious man and almost gets killed on the spots so many times.I'd say this book is something i would read over and over again.He is really good at what he does and i hope to read another book from him.
  ctmssago | Dec 22, 2011 |
I started this book thinking I was about to read a crime novel about a kidnapping, but before too many pages had slipped by I realized I was actually in for a supernatural thriller. At less than 200 pages this book moved quickly which was a good thing, I like my action non-stop.

A woman with a secret finds out that someone has her daughter and through a series of cell phone calls issues some bizarre instructions that she must follow if she wishes to get her baby daughter back alive. She follows along and as completes each step, another clue is revealed, until she knows what is going on and who the kidnapper is.

I found this a mildly interesting thriller. My disconnect with the book was probably the rather far fetched story that launched this woman’s nightmare. I never could quite take what was going on seriously and so never really bought into the terror and suspense.

I am afraid that Chasing the Dead will be one of those books that 3 months from now, I will have a hard time remembering. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Nov 28, 2010 |

Joe Schreiberprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Raudman, ReneeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Christina, who had to know how it ended
The man on the ground has finally stopped moving.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345487486, Mass Market Paperback)

“You have a very lovely little girl,” breathed the voice on the phone. And just like that, Susan Young is drawn into a living nightmare.

A stranger has kidnapped Sue’s daughter, Veda. But he doesn’t want her money, only her suffering–and he will kill Veda if Sue doesn’t follow his every command. With detailed instructions, the faceless abductor leads Sue into a blinding snowstorm on the longest night of the year, to a place she has not traveled to since childhood. The voice on the other end of the line somehow knows Sue’s deepest, most chilling secret–an ominous incident from her past, buried long ago...

Across the loneliest back roads of Massachusetts, in the black expanse of a New England winter, Sue is forced to confront her most awful fears as she is met at each step by ever increasing horrors created by a monster who is surely something less than human. In the hope of saving her daughter from a kidnapper whose origin seems darker than anything she could ever have imagined, Sue will discover just how much trauma and fright the human body is capable of absorbing.

Set over the course of a single night, Chasing the Dead is a fast-paced, ferociously tense supernatural thriller. With the skill of masters like Dean Koontz and David Morrell, Joe Schreiber has created a tableau of shock and horror, death and destruction, that will draw you in and never let you go.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:49 -0400)

Sue Young returns home from work to discover that her one-year-old daughter has been kidnapped and is forced to follow the kidnapper's bizarre instructions on a twisted route through a series of small Massachusetts towns in order to rescue her child by morning.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,401,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible