Children of Mars by Paul G Day
312,001,085 (5)None

I won a e-book copy of this book through a giveaway link on the “Chris the Reading Ape Blog” and the following is my honest opinion for the book.

Being a child of the 1950’s I have to wonder whether some of the television programs I watched as a child played any role in the author’s writing this book. Such as at the end of this story, in the epilogue, where Mars being transformed right in front of someone’s eyes to a lush earth-like planet reminded me of the “Space Seed” episode of “Star Trek” starring Ricardo Montalban. And of premise of having an entire family including their children on the planet reminds me of “Lost in Space” as the Robinson family travelled through the solar system.

In this book the author succeeds in placing us alongside those there as they face their new challenges each day. The sights and emotions are there, especially when it came to the children banding together not only to search for their parents who went missing while on a routine research expedition, but to survive on their own.

An exciting portion in reading this book came when it is discovered Mars had at one time been inhabited by a race of blue beings still living comfortable beneath the surface of the Red Planet. A major player in the storyline is not an individual, but Mount Olympus, the large volcano everyone had been researching, especially when it came time for it to explode.

When I look at how Paul G.Day has skillfully pulled together all of the elements of his book; I’m happy to give it 5 STARS

Robin Leigh Morgan is the author of a MG/YA Paranormal Romance novel entitled “I Kissed a Ghost” as well as the author of “Micro Fiction – An Anthology.” ( )
1 vote MyPenNameOnly | Jan 9, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,314,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible