Where the River Runs by Patti Callahan Henry

Where the River Runs (edition 2005)

by Patti Callahan Henry

Member:CarmenTS
Title:Where the River Runs
Authors:Patti Callahan Henry
Info:NAL Trade (2005), Paperback, 235 pages
Rating:*****

Where the River Runs by Patti Callahan Henry

I really enjoyed reading this book. I would have given it 4 stars but I just thought the ending was a little too pat. ( )
  deb.d | Jun 13, 2019 |
  deb.d | Jun 13, 2019 |
Where the River Runs--Patti Callahan Henry
I recently had the opportunity to meet Patti Callahan Henry when she came and spoke at the technical college I work at and for the program that we started called Southern Authors in Residence. My history with Henry's books is, I was never a huge fiction reader and I moved from a small Southern GA town to the big city of Atlanta, GA and found that I could not sleep and I needed a way to relax. The first book that started me on this way of relaxation was Henry's book "Between the Tides." (I recently have moved back to the small town)

Today I am reviewing one of her older books, (I am back-tracking)

"Where the River Runs" was vividly wonderful to read. I felt like I was part of the book. I started telling my friends those that would listen about the characters and their stories. I love the southern historic aspects of the story and how all the characters have a coming of age moment during the story. Meridy is this girl that grew up living life to the fullest and then has tragedy happen in her life and how she molds herself to be a person that she later realizes she can be no longer. She learns through supporting characters in the book that she was not the fault of the tragedy and how those she thought were "protecting" her were really doing so how they thought was best at the time. It is a wonderful story of how a family was not so close became closer ( )
  BtweenLibShelf | Jun 8, 2010 |
Proof that the library thing "predicter" is not always on the mark. I hated this book. Completely forgettable for me. Lurlene McDaniel for grown ups. ( )
  jamaicanmecrazy | Sep 5, 2009 |
Sometimes, there is no hiding back from our past, it comes back to hunt us, wherever we are. We think we have made it to the upper class, playing the pretty wife and caring around Gucci bags but one day, the natural aspect of a human been meets its own roots, the ones he was borned with.

Wonderful book to read, well organized in section of present and past. I just loved the way the story kept developping itself, from one page to the next. I will definitaly read more books from Patti Callahan Henry. ( )
  labelleaurore | Jul 10, 2008 |

Meridy Dresden was once a free-spirited, fun-loving girl.All that changed when the boy she loved was killed in a tragic fire. Now, years later, Meridy must return to the South Carolina Low Country and summon the courage to make a decision that may destroy everything she's worked so hard to protect-including her heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:17 -0400)

Meridy Dresden was once a free-spirited, fun-loving girl. All that changed when the boy she loved was killed in a tragic fire. Now, years later, Meridy must return to the South Carolina Low Country and summon the courage to make a decision that may destroy everything she's worked so hard to protect-including her heart.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,718,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible