Maya & Filippo Learn about Careers in…

Maya & Filippo Learn about Careers in Dunedin

by Alinka Rutkowska

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byskstiles612

I received a copy to facilitate my review the opinions expressed here are my own.
As always I loved this book. Children who read these books are taken on an educational adventure where they learn so much. This time Maya and Filippo are visiting Dunedin, New Zealand. As they play with other children in the youth program on the Fun Princess, a cruise ship they live on, their director asks what they want to be when they grow up. I found it funny that Filippo wants to work at a chocolate factory because he likes to eat chocolate. Maya is unsure of what she wants to be.
They leave the ship to visit the town and learn about the chocolate factory and other careers in Dunedin. Filippo realizes, after visiting the chocolate factory that most of the poeple who work there find their job very boring. They do the same thing over and over. Maya leaves still undecided about a future career. She learns that she still has time to explore her options.

The other thing I love about these books is that you get to learn interesting information. There is actually a chocolate factory in Dunedin. It was the first one in the southern hemisphere. They make Cadbury Chocolates there. You also learn all about how chocolate is made. The country's oldest University is in Dunedin. It is called Otago University. People from 100 different countries go to university there.

This is a fun way to learn new things. As a teacher I have always believed that learning should be fun. This is a great way for kids to begin to explore new places and new information. I love this author's books. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jan 9, 2015 |

Alinka Rutkowska is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,876,030 books! | Top bar: Always visible