The Fall of Fair Isle by Rowena Cory…

The Fall of Fair Isle

by Rowena Cory Daniells

2015 (1) 2015/03/16 (1) ARC (1) Australian Authors (1) AWW2015 (1) ebook (1) fantasy (2) GR Import (1) grimdark (1) import (1) omnibus (1) sf (1) T (1) to-read (9)

So, here it is in full! Just click on the links to track to a specific book within the omnibus.

Part 1: Broken Vows

Part 2: Dark Dreams

Part 3: Desperate Alliances

(sorry goodreaders, the links are for my blog, so you'll be taken there if you click!) ( )
  BookFrivolity | Apr 23, 2016 |
This was 3 books in one, luckily I had a fever this weekend so I did nothing else than read ;)

In a way I should have reviewed them one and one, but I did read it like one huge book, so...but remember, this is of all 3 books then.

600 years ago the T´en left their home and came to Fair Isle (that is another trilogy and you do not have to read that one before.) They blended with the population and lived there peacefully. Well sort of, after a while, and after the T'en powers died out, and full blooded t'en could not marry and have kids. So, yeah.

Anyway, story! Barbarians come, plunder and kill. Imoshen is a true T'en, a throwback of her bloodline. And the only one left of the royal family. Tulkhan the barbarian warlord fancies her, and it's a way to survive and save her people so she uses that knowledge. The road is long, there are rebellions, betrayal, a fine line to walk, and the whole them and us thing.

Fair Isle was a nice place where women had power. Tulkhan's society was not. Women had no souls, were owned by their males, and could not even look a male in the eye. So yes that whole cultural thing was clash of titans. And I did agree with Imoshen when she called him a barbarian, I mean no souls! Damn church of his. Women were less than cows.

The story, well 3 books, lots happen...

Imoshen and Tulkan. Sigh, still on p 800 he was still all I do not trust her. But then why would he. It's just, she trusted him! And she loved him, whole he constantly thought she was betraying him. Stupid male. Some said this worked well as a fantasy romance, fine I saw one review, but no. This is not a romance. It's a fantasy book where love is a chess game. He trust her first at the end, she was told to get preggers by him and secure the island.

Read is as an omnibus or in 3 parts. It works either way :) You got political intrigue, sieges, betrayal and magic. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,642,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible