The Devilish Mr. Danvers by Vivienne Lorret

The Devilish Mr. Danvers

by Vivienne Lorret

This is the second book in the Rakes of Fallow Hall series and I loved it! In contrast to the first book, I found this story much more interesting and entertaining.

From the start I liked these rakes who've thought to make a wager giving the last man standing unmarried a huge amount of money. In order to be the winner, they all are working against each other, trying to set up the other ones with a parson's trap.

It's now between Danvers and Montwood and may the best man win ... or loose!

In the first book, Everhart and Calliope had a lot of baggage to get over in order to have their happily ever after, and now Hedley and Rafe have even more of their own. You see, Hedley is the sister of Rafe's ex-fiancé. What can go wrong, right? Well, a lot, and it does.

After this story, I have high expectations for the third story and Lucan's story, which looks like it will have some mystery element to it.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
So we are back with the betting bachelors and I, for one am super excited! But this book is a little different and it moved me more than any other Vivienne Lorret book ever has.

So we start with Hedley Sinclair. Hedley is the Sinclair Family shame! Banished to the attics of her home, while her perfect sister is paraded around the Ton and given everything. But now Hedley has been given property in a will by her Grandfather; much to her mother's dislike. So she is cast from the house with just the threadbare castoffs that are too small. But finally Hedley is free, even if she has no money to fix her run down house…that was until Rafe Danvers arrived.

Rafe Danvers hates the Sinclair's, he hates everything to with the Sinclair's, Especially after Ursa Sinclair left him at the altar! but he would deal with the devil in order to regain control of his ancestral home… Greyson Park. But what he doesn't know is that Greyson Park belongs to Henley. When it is confirmed, Rafe feels cheated by the Sinclair's again, but when he sees just how badly the Sinclair's treat Henley. He feels her pain. Over time Rafe and Henley develop feelings for each other…that is until Ursa and the infamous bet between the bachelors come back to haunt them.

I loved this book, I loved the characters, the plot; simply everything! I was devastated by the treatment of Henley by her family. I loved the fact the she was embraced by the people of the community and Fallow Hall. I loved that Rafe's family was artists and unusual. I also love the interaction between Henley and Rafe and I have to Boris is truly wonderful! I just want to give him a hug.

Yet again Vivienne blows me away with her talent! As you can expect from all her books, the writing is smooth and the characters whole. The only part I dislike is the delay in awaiting for the next book!

I give The Devilish Mr. Danvers 10 out of 10.
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,755,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible