Veil of Secrecy (Shadows Book 1) by RM…

Veil of Secrecy (Shadows Book 1)

by RM Alexander

521,436,638 (4.25)None

A book with a very interesting premise: the family must suffer for the sins of the grandparents. Only in this case, the family is innocent. Rachel Brackett is out to make a new start far away from her tears and the pain of losing her husband to a landmine. Best place to go, the home she spent time in as a child.

Only things have changed. Grandma and Grandpa aren't there any more but the creatures they helped create are. And they are NOT happy. Terrible things were done to them as humans and not, well - inhuman is too kind a word. She nearly hits a grizzly bear but he just stares at her and moves on. Hmmmm.

She is soon to find that the grizzly is part of the changed group who want to hurt her. With one exception: Leonardo who lives in the shadows is kind to her and protects her. She has no idea what (and who) he is protecting her from. ( )
  macygma | Jul 10, 2016 |
I just finished reading Veil Of Secrecy. It is a paranormal romance written by RM Alexander. Rachel Brackett is devastated after losing her husband. After inheriting a house and a ton of money from estranged grandparents, she decides to move to the unfamiliar area and start over. What she finds there is something she never expected to find. Can she settle into her new life and close her wounds or is she destined to be heartbroken forever?

I loved this book. This is one of those books that a person can really root along with the good guys while keeping them on their toes to the very end. I fell in love with all the main characters. I sympathized greatly with Rachel. I also related to her in many ways. It’s not easy picking up and starting over elsewhere. She did it though.

There were a few parts of the story that I felt got rushed over that I would have liked to see a bit more drawn out a bit more. I also would have liked to see more personality from some of the characters. I’m sure I will in the rest of this series though. Other than those minor issues, and a few typos here and there, I really enjoyed this book. It was well written. I was hooked from page one.

I fully recommend this book. It is well written and very well thought out. I can’t wait to read the rest of this series. I feel like it could quickly become one of my favorites. I especially love how the author gave this book a very realistic tie. That was very intelligent. I am glad I had the opportunity to read this book. ( )
  WillowStarSerenity | Jan 10, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,846,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible