Wedding Bands (River's Sigh B & B Book…

Wedding Bands (River's Sigh B & B Book 1)

by Ev Bishop

This was a highly entertaining story. The best part, for me, was the believable characters. Although I appreciate some reviewers complaints that the miscommunication between Jo and Callum was a bit extreme, and at times frustrating, it was also, unfortunately, true to life. Jo is a very likeable, relatable, confident and independent woman. She hasn't had an easy life, and her history with Callum is fraught with troubles and heartache. It's not surprising she would be cautious. Callum is a charming, likeable guy, and even though I wanted to smack him a few times, I still felt he was believable, and (except maybe for one teeny tiny second) kept deserving another chance. So many men are truly lousy at communicating about their feelings. He felt like a real life, slightly-less-than-alpha-but-still-lovable hero who had a lot of baggage to work through. The kind we actually have to live with! Personally I would have liked a bit more heat. This added pull might have compensated somewhat for all the pushing away, and kept the reader as invested in the romance as these characters were in each other. Overall this is a great intro to an appealing fictional world and I look forward to reading more from Ev Bishop. The writing was high quality and the story very engaging and entertaining. ( )
  MAClarkeScott | Sep 25, 2017 |
With family like Sam, friends like Dave, and exes like Nora, who needs enemies? Wedding bands takes the standard romance story of misunderstandings and miscommunications and applies it to two very real people with very real insecurities, along with the people who 'mean well' getting in the way. The story was very believable, and the reader is rooting for the good guys to win and to teach the 'well-meaning' bad guys a lesson. I look forward to reading more in the River's Sigh B&B series. ( )
1 vote dmjohnson12 | May 26, 2015 |
I don't usually read romance because I am not into lovey dovey stuff. This romance caught my attention the first time our hero showed he was a flawed human and not some perfect god whose only failure communication, but a person who has an anxiety attack in front of his love interest .I didn't like the ending I think more time could of been spent on clearing up the issues they had. Also the surprise pregnant pop up was an odd addition. Overall great book ( )
1 vote Mindi25 | Feb 19, 2015 |
Jo and Callum were high school sweethearts. Some years later Jo is throwing everything she has into starting up a B&B in her old home, and Callum is determined to escape the influence of his overbearing father and an ex-wife with a grudge. They've become different people but what they loved about each other remains.

I don't usually read romance because my number one priority is good characters, and with respect to the many talented romance writers out there I often find more stereotypes than I enjoy. This romance caught my attention the first time our hero showed he was a flawed human being--not an Adonis whose only failure is his unerring adoration of our heroine, but a person who has an anxiety attack in front of his sweetheart without fearing it somehow makes him less of a man. More, knowing it's the first in a series had me guessing who might star in the next and I was surprised how much I care about the secondary characters and how much I'd love to read their stories (Caren, please!)

This is a strong beginning to a new series. It's no vapid fairy tale and I recommend it to anyone looking for a modern romance with realistic and complex characters that can carry over into new stories. ( )
1 vote jbrubacher | Jan 13, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ev Bishop's book Wedding Bands was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ev Bishop is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible