Dragons Beware! by Jorge Aguirre

This is the second book in the Chronicles of Claudette series. Once again Claudette is determined to take up her wooden sword and square off a new evil monster. This time she is determined to get her father’s sword back from the dragon that ate it.

This graphic novel is drawn in a very cartoony style and done in bright colors; it’s well done and matches the tone of the story perfectly.

There is a lot of humor in here and I enjoyed that a lot. This book showcases Gaston and his cooking/mixing abilities and it was nice to see Gaston get some of the spotlight.

The story is easy to follow and fun to read; I loved it and would definitely recommend to both kids and adults alike.

Overall another wonderful book in this series. I love the illustration, the characters, the story, and the action. This is one of those graphic novels that I think kids and adults will both enjoy. My nine year old son loves this series and so do I. I look forward to reading future books in this series! ( )
  krau0098 | Dec 30, 2016 |
Maybe it's because I've been looking forward to this for two years, but I was disappointed. Practically every line out of a character's mouth was a lame cliche, and Claudette was just annoying as the arrogant idiot who barges around getting everyone into trouble because she thinks she can bash her way out of any situation. There's a good chance I'd still read a third one, just to see how things go, but I definitely won't be watching the calendar for its release.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Another great graphic novel for young reader's with a strong young female protagonist. Claudette is back in this sequel to Giants Beware! and she is ready to retrieve a sword from the belly of a dragon. With the help of her friends she is off to help her dad. A delightful story, great artwork, and fun - fun - fun! Love it! ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
Well-done. Worth reading. ( )
  MikeRhode | Jun 17, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible