Unstrung by Kendra C. Highley
411,664,912 (4)None

Lexa Pate is seventeen years old. She has no memories from before she was ten years old. She has no idea who her parents are or what happened to them. Or why she is alone. All she knows is Turpin, Jole and the lifestyle they introduced her too. Jole helped her get off of drugs called stims and to clean up.

Lexa is a thief, to put it simply. Turpin is hired for jobs and Lexa pulls them off. The first job we see her in in this book is taking a chip from a very powerful corporation. Maren runs the town. She owns the corporation that Lexa is taking the chip from. It turns out, that it was a trap after-all.

But why a trap? What were they hoping for by her breaking in? When Lexa decides to break into Maren’s lakefront house, she has no idea what she’s in for. She runs into someone that she knows. She leaves him behind though. He meets up with her later after Turpin kicks her out of the warehouse because they learned something new about her.

Things go from bad to worse. How bad do things get? Bad enough I didn’t see this outcome coming!

———————————–

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. I really liked this book. I was glued to the pages. It’s an awesome read. The characters are well written and could be everyday people in the world. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series when it is available! ( )
  Katy.Halsema | Jan 11, 2015 |

Kendra C. Highley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible