An Amish Cradle by Beth Wiseman

An Amish Cradle

by Beth Wiseman

Other authors: Vannetta Chapman (Contributor), Amy Clipston (Contributor), Kathleen Fuller (Contributor)

Series: An Amish Cradle (Omnibus)

In His Father’s Arms by Beth Wiseman: This is a story about a couple that struggles with a baby with Down syndrome. What they do not know if how to deal with it. Ruth Anne finds out the truth about her best friend first pregnancy. Ruth Anne can not understand why her best friend is acting really strange around her and her baby boy.

Levi is also struggling to deal with his little boy illness. He knows his little cousin died from this illness. He afraid that is son will be taken from him. Do learn to deal with their little boy medical issues and learn to trust God?

A Son for Always by Amy Clipston: Carolyn is happy to know that she is a pregnant with her and Joshua first child together. She worried that she will have to keep her job and financially secure Ben's future.

Joshua seems to want to let Carolyn that she can stop working at the hotel. Carolyn is still having doubts that Joshua will help her with Ben future. Even though, Joshua has adopted Ben and wanted Ben to have his last name.

Carolyn needs a sign that Joshua will treat her son Ben as his own. She gets that sign, but I do not want to tell you when or how. That would be giving the ending away.

A Heart Full of Love by Kathleen Fuller: Ellie is expecting her first child with her husband. Though when she gives birth to twins. Her mother decides that will take care of the twins and keep them safe. In doing so, she will not let Ellie bond with her daughters.

What is Ellie's mother dealing with that she won't let Ellie take care of her own daughters. Ellie knows she will need help with her daughters. Ellie wants time with her daughters and takes care of them.

Ellie starts to have questions about what happen with a girl named Rachel. She goes over to her parents house and to find the answers. What a sweet ending his story has.

An Unexpected Blessing by Vannetta Chapman: Etta finds out that she is expecting once again. She as a frighting labor. She seems happy with her new little one. She is worried about her overgrown son, David and wants her to return.

Her other children are overjoyed for her and their dad. They help to give her the crib that was made be their dad. They get a surprise when their one son returns. He gets a surprise as well. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I LOVE THESE BOOKS!

I enjoy SO MUCH these extra stories put together by several authors whom I just LOVE! And I especially LOVE IT when one of them is kind of a BONUS story! As far as I can tell (I haven’t read everything Kathleen Fuller or Beth Wiseman has written…), Amy Clipston’s is the only story in this collection that fits that description but that’s enough for me!

To be fair – I’m going to go in order.

- In His Father’s Arms by Beth Wiseman -

Down Syndrome has got to be one of the toughest subjects to write about and I applaud Beth Wiseman for, not only doing it, but doing it well!

It’s always difficult to understand God’s will in these situations and I love how Beth shows us that – Amish or not – these parents have to deal with the situation as a mother and father.

“Bravo Beth for showing that it’s not easy for the Amish just because of their faith.”

- A Son for Always by Amy Clipston -

OK… I admit it. This is my favorite story in the book! And that’s really saying something because they’re all so fantastic!

Carolyn and her husband Joshua are two of my favorite characters from Amy’s Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel series.

I don’t know how Amy did her research for a single mom but she certainly nails it right on the head! And anyone who says that Amy went overboard with Carolyn’s emotions in this novella can not have ever been a single mother.

“This story is PERFECT! Bravo Amy!”

And THANK YOU for giving us this extra little bonus in what is a fantastic series!

- A Heart Full of Love by Kathleen Fuller -

WOW! Again – I can not imagine how Kathleen did the research for this! And to write about it so convincingly…

“I refuse to ruin any of this story for you. It’s just too good to miss!”

This is one of those stories that also shows how the plain folk deal with tough situations things in much the same way as we all do.

Although it does come in handy that most Amish have a very strong faith!

- An Unexpected Blessing by Vannetta Chapman -

I LOVE that stories with older main characters are becoming more popular! I think, far too often, people forget that interesting things still happen to those of us over the age of 30.

“Vannetta does such an exceptional job of writing this story!”

Instead of the anxiety over not being a good mother or not knowing what she’s doing – Etta has worries of a much more seasoned wife – and yet – Vannetta does not minimalize the issues a young mother would deal with, she simply shows an aspect of life that not many other authors think to.

I hope to see many more stories like this! BRAVO Vannetta! GREAT writing!

BRAVO to all four authors! I can hardly wait for the next one!

Review © JCMorrows 2015 ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
The first story by Beth Wiseman will make your heart ache, to have an imperfect child is so very hard. All that anticipation looking forward to the birth, and then the heartache of not knowing what to do, or how to cope, and it is the same feeling no matter which culture we live in?
That is what Ruth Anne and Levi must come to terms with, to be there for their child and each other. As we read along we hope they will find their way, and be there for each other.
Carolyn and Joshua are about to welcome a new addition to their new family. Joshua has now adopted Ben, but Carolyn is worried, and has deep fears that once the new little one comes, Joshua won’t feel the same about Ben. How can she give up her income and feel secure that her child will be taken care of? The power of prayer, she just needs to lean on her faith, but can she?
Kathleen Fuller’s novella, will bring tears to your eyes, so much tragedy in their past. Elle has over come most of the problems she has faced with her blindness, and now she a Chris are expecting their first baby. What surprises they are in for, and trying to keep her mother from taking over because of her handicap, you are going to love how Chris handles her.
The final novella is by Vannetta Chapman and at 42 Etta has a new baby, but is yearning for the return of her son David. Loved how God has placed the love of each child on these parents hearts, even if the rules of their religion is contrary to how they feel.
These stories will warm your heart, and as you can tell by the title, there is a new baby involved. You can read one in a sitting, but hard to stop at one. Enjoy!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Thomas Nelson, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Feb 10, 2015 |
An Amish Cradle is a wonderful collection of stories. It contains four stories by four different authors. The books deal with four expectant couples and how they deal with a pregnancy or child that is not what they expected. This is a lovely collection of Amish Christian fiction by some of the best authors (Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, and Vanetta Chapman). In His Father’s Arms (by Beth Wiseman) Ruth Anne and Levi deal with having a son who has Down’s syndrome. A Son for Always by Amy Clipston has Carolyn and Joshua Glick dealing with having their first child together while Carolyn still deals with old feelings for having a child out of wedlock sixteen years previously. In A Heart Full of Love (by Kathleen Fuller) Ellie and Christopher Miller will have to handle having twin’s with Ellie’s blindness and her very controlling mother. The last book An Unexpected Blessing (by Vanetta Chapman) Etta and Mose Bontrager will deal with having another child late in their lives when they least expected it as well as missing one of their children who is no longer at home (nor have they heard from him recently). Each couple’s faith will be tested as they learn to accept God’s will. I loved all the stories in the book and look forward to reading more books by these wonderful authors. Happy Reading!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley/Publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Jan 11, 2015 |

Beth Wisemanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chapman, VannettaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clipston, AmyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fuller, KathleenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 052911867X, Paperback)

Tiny fingers,

Tiny toes,

And lives that will never be the same.

Journey with four families as their lives are about to change forever.

In His Father’s Arms by Beth Wiseman

Ruth Anne has been dreaming about motherhood her entire life. Now she is doubly excited that she and her best friend are due with their children the same week. But when Ruth Anne’s baby is born with Down’s syndrome, she and her husband struggle to understand God’s plan.

A Son for Always by Amy Clipston

Carolyn and Joshua are thrilled to be pregnant with their first child together. Carolyn was just a teenager when she had her son, Benjamin, and she still feels solely responsible to secure his future. As Joshua watches Carolyn struggle to accept his support, he knows he has to find some way to convince her that she—and Ben—will always be taken care of.

A Heart Full of Love by Kathleen Fuller

Ellie’s mother hasn’t stopped meddling in her personal life since Ellie lost her sight—and she’s taken it up a notch now that Ellie’s pregnant. When Ellie gives birth to twins, her mother insists on moving in to care for them. But when her mother’s behavior becomes unbearable, Ellie is forced to take a stand . . . and finally find out why Mamm can’t let go.

An Unexpected Blessing by Vannetta Chapman

At 42, Etta thought she was finished having children, but she’s pregnant again. After a frightening labor, Etta finally gives birth, but her constant worry over her estranged grown son, David, haunts her still. As a new mother again, Etta must hold tightly to the promise that God will watch over her children—and that one day David will return.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:57 -0400)

Collects the stories of four Amish families struggling with major life changes and turning to God to help see them through.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,621,634 books! | Top bar: Always visible