Binomial Coefficients by DevilDoll

Binomial Coefficients

by DevilDoll

511,436,638 (4)None

So. Beautifully. Awkward.

Captured flawlessly the nerd / jock romance and yet broke from the traditional script at the same time. I felt awkward with Stiles, I felt excited with Stiles, I felt hopeful with Stiles. I totally pined for Derek through Stiles' eyes.

This author nailed the envy every nerd has felt while pining for that popular kid:

“Derek always looks slightly annoyed with everyone around him, and he still has more friends than Stiles.”

nailed the analogies:

Everyone knows Derek's car. He drives it to school every day. It's grumbly and dark and slightly menacing, just like Derek.

the secret excitement:

“Inside, though, he's trying not to be too excited that Derek knows his name, because that's what a loser would do.”

the prize of priding one's self:

“On the other hand, Lydia already appears to be thawing to Jackson. Stiles decides she has terrible taste in guys and that's why she never liked him back.”

and the perfectly timed humor to break up a tense moment:

“And I like your family, he says, then amends, "I like your parents. Your sisters are cartoon villains.”

And I don't want to spoil it, but if you read this, seriously tell me you can't deny laughing out loud at the "Nerd Candy" scene in the Camaro. I was nearly crying I was laughing so hard." ( )
  MrsKnightley | Oct 18, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,738,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible