Mostly Magic (Books of the Kindling, #2) by…

Mostly Magic (Books of the Kindling, #2)

by Donna June Cooper

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byE.A.Walsh, dragonnrg, LaurasReading
adventure (1) Alice (1) bees (1) environment (1) family (1) love (1) magic (1) mystery (1) romance (1) to-read (1) witches (1)

This is the second novel in the Magic series. I read the first one not long ago and was glad I could jump right back in with book two. This time we are thrown into the dreams, or are they nightmares, of Dr. Daniel Woodruff.
He is not a Doctor doctor, like his sister Grace, who we learned much about in book one, More Than Magic.
Among his many other talents, Dr. Daniel is a Bee Whisperer.

All of the Woodruff family are very environmentally conscious.
All of the Woodruff family have rare talents that they, themselves, do not yet quite understand or have under control.
The Woodruff home base is a mountain, which seems to have secrets and magic all its own.

Mel Noblett is a freelance writer who often seeks out the truth about environmental issues.
When her planned interview fizzles out she follows an unplanned but convenient lead and meets Dr. Daniel Woodruff in Italy. Having never been there myself it was enjoyable to visit through their eyes, even when that vision got fuzzy.

Again there is danger and adventure in this second novel. The romance is not any smoother than Grace's with Nick in More Than Magic. There definitely is something electric between Dan and Mel.
Once again we get to spend time on the mountain with Jamie and Pooka and Ouida.
I can not wait to spend more time with Lily (or both Lilys.)

It is quite clear at the end of this book that life will get crazier before things settle down.
I am ready to jump into book three, Making Magic.

I did receive copies of all 3 books for a book tour. The review opinions are my own. ( )
  LaurasReading | Jan 12, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible