The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor…

The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor (The MacGregors: Highland…

by Paula Quinn

This is book three in The MacGregors: Highland Heirs series. My first thought upon finishing this story was … WOW! And here’s why.

The heroine, Abby MacGregor, was smart and intuitive. She was possessed of a strong will and sharp mind, love for and loyalty to, her family. You just can’t help but like someone like that.

Daniel however, I had a problem with, but I did warm up to the man as I got to know him better as the story moved along. Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place! This knight had so much to deal with and hard choices to make that even King Solomon wouldn’t want to be him!

As a couple, Abby and Daniel were a match made in heaven, although they didn’t think so at the beginning.

This is a well written romance with complex characters and political intrigue at the heart of it. Because of its multiple plots, this is a story worth taking your time in reading. It made me think, wonder and appreciate the mind behind its telling.

But what I love most about Paula Quinn’s books is how seamlessly she incorporates real historical characters with her fiction ones. They all become real, and you are drawn to all of them.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
The Scandalous Secret of Abigail is set in the time of the early 1700's Scottish highlands and English court of Queen Anne. I am certainly no expert on early 1700's British history but this novel seems well researched. Yet Ms. Quinn didn't let the history get in the way of a romantic adventure.

Our hero is Queen Anne's top military general and one of her close personal advisors. He is sent to the isle of Skye to bring our heroine to Queen Anne's court. As our heroine is a Jacobite, one of the opposition, her new status as handmaiden is an important peacekeeping effort. As in any good romance, huge political and personal obstacles stand in our couple's way.

I liked that our hero was strong enough to fight for her, both her family to prove he could keep her safe on the long journey to England, but also to fight assassins along the way. But also our heroine is strong in her own right, strong enough to win our hero's heart, mind and honour.

I felt our author did a fine job of making the politics of the time personal and believable.

I liked the fact that our hero had a high powered career in the military, if you will. Our heroine has the potential of an equally high powered career in the family clan back home in the Highlands.

This is a longer format historical romance, third in the MacGregors: Highland Heirs series by Paula Quinn.

I liked this book a lot and I want to go back and read the previous books in this series. I look forward to the next in this series as well. Thanks to the author and Netgalley for a complimentary copy, as well as the excerpt and release week materials. Go check out my blog for the release week giveaway and excerpt http://nancykkeepers.blogspot.com/2015/03/happy-release-day-for-paula-quinns.htm...
  NKD | Mar 31, 2015 |

"Known for her beauty and boldness, Abigail MacGregor must preserve her clan's dangerous secret: that her mother is the true heir to the English Crown. If the wrong people find out, it will mean war for her beloved Scotland. To keep peace, she embarks for London, unprepared for the treachery that awaits-especially from her wickedly handsome escort. He is the enemy, but his slow, sensuous kisses entice her beyond reason"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible