Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
HTML5 Game Development Insights
by Colt McAnlis
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 143026697X, Paperback)
HTML5 Game Development Insights is a from-the-trenches collection of tips, tricks, hacks, and advice straight from professional HTML5 game developers. The 24 chapters here include unique, cutting edge, and essential techniques for creating and optimizing modern HTML5 games. You will learn things such as using the Gamepad API, real-time networking, getting 60fps full screen HTML5 games on mobile, using languages such as Dart and TypeScript, and tips for streamlining and automating your workflow. Game development is a complex topic, but you don't need to reinvent the wheel. HTML5 Game Development Insights will teach you how the pros do it.
Presented as a series of short chapters from various professionals in the HTML5 gaming industry, all of the source code for each article is included and can be used by advanced programmers immediately.
What youll learn
From The Trenches tips, hacks, and advice on HTML5 game development Best practices for building Mobile HTML5 games Actionable advice and code for both professional and novices
Who this book is for
HTML5 Game Development Insights is for the game developer looking to improve their development process at all stages of the game development pipeline; The nuggets of awesome in this book are applicable both to the hobbyist, trying to track down a performance bug in rendering, and the professional, who is looking to speed up loading time by re-packing their artist-generated images. With this book, it’s like looking over the shoulder of the top HTML5 game developers!
Table of Contents
2. Optimal Asset Loading
5. Faster Canvas Picking
7. Leveraging Flash for HTML5
8. Applying Performance Improvement Techniques Used in Old-School Videogames
9. Optimizing WebGL Usage
10. Playing Around with the Gamepad API
11. Introduction to WebSockets
12. Multiplayer Real-time Networking
13. Responsive Game Design: Letting Game Mechanics and Controller Inputs Flow with Your Layout
14. Making a Game That Works on Both Mobile and Desktop
15. Better Than Native: 60fps Fullscreen on Mobile
16. Creating Mobile Web Games with Canvas 2D API
17. Faster Map Rendering
18. Writing C++ on the Web with Emscripten
19. Making HTML5 Games with TypeScript
20. Best Practices When Implementing the Main Loop
21. Using Crunch for Super-compressed WebGL Textures
22. Building a 2D Map Editor in HTML5
23. Building Automated Workflows With NodeJS and Grunt
24. Build a Game with Cocos2d-html5 Library
(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 22 Aug 2015 03:57:50 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.