Avengers: Time Runs Out, Vol. 1 by Jonathan…

So, this is where everything has been leading over the last couple of years in the two main Avengers titles. Jumping 8 months into the future to the day of the final incursion (I think? - there seems to be a lot going on in just that one last day...), the Avengers are scrambling to try to come up with a solution to the problem at hand with the multiple Earths destroying each other. Personally, I felt like this portion of the story jumped around way too much, but that may because both titles (Avengers and New Avengers) feel like maybe they'll be converging soon. Part of the problem is that there are plot points finally being drawn to a close that have been drawn out for 3 years over the two titles. Luckily, I just recently read thru all of these issues, so I'm a little more familiar with what's been going on, but I'm sure anybody falling into this story now would be completely lost. Of course, this is also all leading to the Secret Wars story running this summer thru all of the Marvel Universe, so it's probably important to know what's going on here if you want to know what's going to be going on later.

I did really enjoy this. It's exciting seeing where all of these stories have been going, finally. I only wish that these stories weren't so Avengers/Illuminati/Cabal-centric. Something this big should be affecting all of the other Marvel titles now, instead of waiting to see how they affect the titles after the final incursion leading into Secret Wars. Alas, until the Marvel Cinematic Universe crashes, the Avengers titles are going to be where all the action takes place in the Marvel Comics Universe for quite some time I'm afraid. (Part of me misses the days when the X-Men were the focal point for almost all of the big crossover events happening in the Marvel Universe.)

If you've been following along with the Avengers titles and are curious as to how these plot threads are coming to a close, this volume is definitely for you. If you're just now deciding to jump in because of the upcoming Secret Wars event, I'd recommend starting back a couple years' worth of reading with both the current run of Avengers and New Avengers. ( )
  tapestry100 | Feb 6, 2015 |
It started with two men.

Collects Avengers (2012) #35-37, New Avengers (2013) #24-25.

For Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the Illuminati, it has all been building to this. After two years of carefully crafting his cataclysmic saga, writer Jonathan Hickman jumps ahead eight months to the grand finale, the honest-to-goodness immediate future of the Marvel Universe -- and the day of the Final Incursion! After the events of ORIGINAL SIN -- and the revelation of the Illuminati's desperate, world-destroying actions -- much has changed for the Avengers. What has become of Earth's Mightiest Heroes during the past eight months? Who comprises the new Cabal? And have all the battles they've endured, and the sacrifices they've made, prepared either group for the inevitable moment where time runs out for everybody?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785193413, Hardcover)

TIME RUNS OUT! For Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the Illuminati, it has all been building to this. Following the startling events of Original Sin and the revelations as to what the Illuminati have been up to all this time, this cataclysmic saga jumps forward to the day of the Final Incursion. See what awaits our heroes in the future as the table is set for the astonishing climax of Jonathan Hickman's acclaimed runs on Avengers and New Avengers.

COLLECTING: Avengers 35-37, New Avenge rs 24-25

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:43 -0400)

Following the startling events of Original Sin and the revelations as to what the Illuminati have been up to all this time, this cataclysmic saga jumps forward to the day of the Final Incursion. See what awaits our heroes in the future as the table is set for the astonishing climax of Jonathan Hickman's acclaimed runs on Avengers and New Avengers.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible