Revenge by Paul a Rose

Revenge

by Paul a Rose

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byKathrynSvendsen

Revenge was an intriguing novel in that there was no ransom desired for the kidnap victim Bobby Havers who came from an affluent family. It is unclear what the purpose of his kidnapping is. Everyone who knows the autistic lad is under suspicion including Olivia, his job coach. Her boss even goes so far as to end her position and the police put her on the suspect list. Olivia vows to find him.

When the kidnapper allows his victim to contact his job coach Olivia, it becomes clear that she is not responsible for the kidnapping and begins to work with the police to find the kidnapper.

The plot takes many surprising twists and turns including the reason for kidnapping Bobby in the first place and a lot more danger. It was fascinating to watch the protagonist struggle to figure out what it was what the kidnapper was looking for; what the entire purpose of the kidnapping was.

I enjoyed the character development and spiritual growth of Lt. Phillip Landon as he struggled with his career choice, his growing feelings for Olivia, and his tenacity for sticking to the case. I admired his and Officer Susan Bennett’s dedication to protecting Olivia.

Olivia’s character grew greatly through the story as well as she learned to believe in herself and in God. It was a great reminder that God is ultimately in control and we have to trust in Him for all things. This is not a “preachy” Christian novel.

I very much enjoyed this romantic suspense novel and appreciated its inclusion of an individual with special needs. I gave Revenge 4 out of 5 stars. Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense novels should enjoy this book.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion is not required. All thoughts are my own.

This review was published on my blog Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/12/revenge-blog-tour-with-paul... ( )
  KathrynSvendsen | Jan 13, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,690,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible