The Hidden Demon by Monica La Porta
222,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byLaurasReading, m0usey

Shifters, vamps, weres, angels... not the sort of characters I find in my every day reads.
I pick up books with strong plots in which to get lost, to pull me in so I can escape when I read for enjoyment.
This book satisfied all my reading desires and more.
Action, adventure, danger, romance and well developed characters that I become attached to.
After reading The Hidden Demon I know I wil pick up and enjoy more by this author.

This series can be appreciated by both genders of all ages, but I would suggest at least high school age
due to mature subjects.
The good vs evil characters in this book are not paranormal vs human.
They all appealed to my appreciation for historical fiction.
I laughed at the portrayal of paparazzi and trashy journalists. So true to real life no matter the century.
The seedy night club scenes satisfied my tv drama watching side.
Every time I thought the main charcters had weathered the storm and were entitled to time in the sun,
to relax and become acquainted on a more personal level, someone else attacked!

Usually I would feel left hanging, only learning bits and pieces of memories that explained the plot, but in this case there was so much happening that I enjoyed the way history was revealed. In the end all was explained. ( )
  LaurasReading | Jan 23, 2015 |
Hey All did you know that its RELEASE day for the amazing MONICA LA PORTA. The name of her book is THE HIDDEN DEMON. This book follows Fallen Angel in her series.This is book 4 in the IMMORTAL SERIES. And I must say that I was not disappointed at all. First let me tell you all that I rec'd and ARC of this amazing and fast moving story. In exchange for it. Here is mousieys very honest opinion of her book.
Remembering that I only give you little nibbles .. This book takes up where Fallen Angel left off, We find Peter about to leave the apartment of one night stand. He is a controller- a demon who once was an angel one who was incharge of souls. Now he reads dead souls. It takes alot out of and it leaves their imprint in him each time he does it. He can not physical touch anyone. As they will lust after him- he can not have a true relationship with anyone. It haunts it- the only thing that he wants and he can not have it. He sees Ophelia-she tells him to leave her alone. Her wolf howled out in pain. Ophelia is actually in love with Simon and she is the cause that his girlfriend to need to be changed into a vampire . She is now a vampling. Any rate back to this story= there boss calls them to tell them about two bodies being found entwined together.He wants them to go down to the site and keep the press away from the skeletons and investigate what is going. During the investigation Peter and Ophelia keep getting threatened. Peter goes to the morgue to do reading on the bodies- which takes alot out of him.But it all part of the investigation. He has to find out who killed these 2 young people. Now , I need to tell you this book has a lot of twist and turns in it. It is full of excitement and action. This is one book that you have to read. It is such a nail biter and you can not put it down till you reach the very last page,This book is for every paranormal lover!! Mousiey gives The Hidden Demon a firm 40 out of 5 stars. Now You need to put your wings on and fly over GET YOUR COPY TODAY!! DON'T WAIT GET YOURS TODAY !!! IT IS A MUST READ FOR ALL!! ( )
  m0usey | Jan 13, 2015 |

Monica La Porta is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible