You Deserve a Drink: Boozy Misadventures and…

You Deserve a Drink: Boozy Misadventures and Tales of Debauchery

by Mamrie Hart

Funniest thing I have EVER read! ( )
  liv_books | Apr 18, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sophomoric. She needs help. It's obvious she is trying to emulate and / or rip off Chelsea Handler, but without the class or intelligence /irony tag here/. Not my cup of team (or wine). ( )
  jlafleur | Dec 15, 2015 |
Okay, so I will be honest. My first introduction to Mamrie Hart was, I think, a video that she had done with Hannah Hart and Grace Helbig. I had no idea who she was, and I did not think I liked her. she was over the top in a way the other two were not, and it grated on my nerves.

Over time, I warmed up to her a little. I really enjoyed her in Camp Takota.

After reading this book? I effing love her. I love her honesty, her late 90s and early 2000s pop culture references, and her unabashedness. Mamrie Hart is a bad ass bitch.

Her book is hilarious, but it's also very real, and one of the greatest things about it is the way she embraces and celebrates every part of herself, and is clearly comfortable in her own skin.

Her chapter on "Grooming Fails"? Possibly my favorite part of the entire book, and so relatable, at least for me. and how could you not love someone so devoted to Britney Spears?

If you even sort of think you might kind of like Mamrie Hart sometimes? Read this book. ( )
  klack128 | Oct 11, 2015 |
I'm almost sad that I've already finished You Deserve a Drink (although my fellow commuters are probably glad they won't have to witness my random gigglesnorts). It's exactly what it advertises. If you're looking for a quick read that is alternately hilarious, disgusting, and borderline unbelievable then you're on the right track with Mamrie's debut novel. She shares stories of her childhood up to the present day which almost entirely revolve around her unique talent of getting herself into unusual predicaments (mostly due to alcohol). Forewarning: Alcohol, illicit substances, sexual escapades, and naughty language abound in You Deserve a Drink. Did I just hear you all run for the nearest bookstore? ( )
  AliceaP | Jul 12, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Absolutely freaking hilarious! Hart is great at entertaining with stories of her personal bad behavior and shenanigans. This is a good book to read if you're down in the dumps, as it will all but force you to crack a smile (or, if that fails, pour yourself a drink). ( )
  ChicGeekGirl21 | Jul 7, 2015 |

The riotously funny debut from the drinking star with a YouTube problem

Since launching her YouTube channel “You Deserve a Drink” in 2011, comedian Mamrie Hart has built an intensely devoted following of more than half a million viewers. Like her bawdy and bacchanalian show, Hart’s eponymous debut pays tribute to her boozy misadventures with an original cocktail recipe accompanying each hilarious tale. From the “Leaves of Three Martini,” commemorating the hookup to whom she accidentally gave poison ivy, to the “Bizzargarita,” in honor of the time she and a friend were approached by two uber-Republican couples who wanted to “swing” while on vacation in Mexico, You Deserve a Drink is as useful as it is entertaining.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:30 -0400)

"Mamrie Hart is a drinking star with a YouTube problem. As host of the bawdy cult hit You Deserve a Drink, [she's] been entertaining viewers with her signature concoction of tasty libations and raunchy puns since 2011. Finally, Hart has compiled her best drinking stories--and worst hangovers--into one ... volume"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mamrie Hart's book You Deserve a Drink was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,745,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible