Origin of Angels (Elemental Legacy Book 1)…

Origin of Angels (Elemental Legacy Book 1)

by Christie Rich

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byShadow494, naturalbri

What I Thought:

I was drawn into this book in the first few pages. Yes, I loved the cover - colourful, emotional and beautiful, but those first few pages- wow. I've never felt so much pain and love woven together. Between the encounter of two important characters, in a very forced but loving way, the birth and loss of a child and the fact that neither character can forget the fleeting moment they shared; I found myself unable to turn away from this book. I have never felt SO much in just a few pages, and Rich didn't let me down in the pages to come.

The characters in this book are detailed and have a depth of character and emotion that I expect from an epic fantasy, but not the length. I do love my epics, but I found this book had everything and was still able to be read in a few sittings.

Travis and his mysterious woman have a bond to be rivalled in the real world. They experienced a moment, forced or not, that left them bonded together in memory. A love of a moment, that has started the wheels turning. Travis takes the chance and makes a move to try and save the girl in his memories. It is a chance that could change everything.

Throughout the book, there were a mixture of characters, such a Ralya - strength, determination, will and stubbornness, as well as a strong need to thinks things through and never move to fast - Travis - the same strength, but countered with a fighter's spirit, passion, a will to change and the need for something more - Emily - who is the epitome of a fighter, a survivor, a lover, a dreamer and the one who will do anything to anger the man who took her life away.

These characters all have a strength and determination, and this drives the passionate story that Rich has woven for us. The pace and plot of the story were excellent. There was always enough happening that you were never bored, had enough detail to feel a part of the story and the action kept you on the edge of your seat!

This book has completely drawn me into the story of the Elementals. Like so many others, I wish I had read the previous series, but now I am off to fix that! I cannot wait to read the second book in the series. I NEED to know the story. I love the characters and want to see how things progress. I highly recommend this book! ( )
  naturalbri | Jan 14, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,222,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible