The Darkling Tide (The Harbingers of Light…

The Darkling Tide (The Harbingers of Light Book 2) (2015)

by Travis Simmons

119820,536 (4)None

English (8)  German (1)  All (9)
I received this book from LibraryThing giveaway. When I first started reading the book, I felt it had a slow start but after reading a while it turned out to be pretty interesting. It had some parts of the story that were familiar stories but overall a good read. I noticed once I finished that I was reading book #2 of a sequel, so I need to go back before I can move forward to find out the ending. ( )
  PBreaux | May 20, 2016 |
So far, really enjoying this series. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Abagail, Leona, and Rorick are still trying to make it to the Harbingers of Light before the darklings overcome them and the part inside her takes her from them. She has figured out something interesting out about her power but is it to late to use it for her benefit? The trail seems to be taking them to long, a new elf seems to be helping them but why does Abigail not trust her but the others trust her to much? And when will Celeste come back to maybe shed some light on it?
Very good book ( )
  katieperryrogers | May 12, 2016 |
This was the second book in the series The Harbingers of Light. It was better than the first installment but still lacking that draw that makes me want to shut out the world. The writing style is good and the writer's thought process is good. There is just a disconnect between me and the book. i need something that grabs me and pulls me into that world so far that I feel like a participant and not a watcher. ( )
  deemelody | Jun 30, 2015 |
The shadow plague is spreading, will Abbie and her friends be able to stop it?

Abigail is still fighting the shadow plague. It has spread up her arm, and the sooner she gets to the harbingers, the better. They are the only ones who can teach her to control it, and stop it spreading to her whole body, but the path to the harbingers and the home of the elves is fraught with dangers, and the shadow plague is infesting the world at every turn. The are told to stay on Singer’s Trail, if they stay on the path, the darklings cannot reach them. But the wards around the trail are weakening, will Abbie and her friends make it to harbingers in time? Not only that, trouble is brewing in the elven town of New Landenten. They need a way to rid the world of the shadow plague. There is talk of using the sun and moon scepters, but this could wipe out the human race. At what cost will the elves rid the world of the darklings?

Book two of The Harbingers of Light is just as exciting and intense as the first one! At book two begins, the plot thickens and becomes even more complex. There’s lots going on, and plenty to keep the reader immersed in this world. As with the first book the writing is exciting and well thought out, and the immense detail of the world building is just as outstanding as in A Plague of Shadows.

I really like the character building in this series. Abbie, Leona and Rorick have to grow up so fast, and its interesting to see the subtle ways that Simmons displays this. I really like Leona, she’s stubborn and determined and a really fascinating character. It’s also really intriguing to see how Abigail has changed as the shadow plague infects her system more and more.

Ever since I was little and I read The Lord of the Rings books, I have been fascinated by elves, and any mere mention of them sparks my attention in a book. We are only treated to a little mention of them in book one, but they play a really integral role in The Darkling Tide, and they are just fantastically written. The descriptions of the eerie but beautiful New Landenten as well as the introduction of Daniken - Celeste’s sister - into the story were all parts of the story that I really enjoyed.

The story moved along at a great pace and is definitely a must read for fantasy fans. I received an ARC copy, which had several grammar and spelling mistakes, and this took away my enjoyment of the story a little. Despite this it is a really exciting and enjoyable read, it’s a world that’s really easy to delve into and one that I am just desperate to know more about. I am very much looking forward to book three! ( )
  ColeReadsBooks | Mar 29, 2015 |
This book continues from where the first book left us. The adventures of our three hero's keeps our attention. Another fae comes to help them but Abby does not trust her. But what can you trust in a strange new world? This book has some good twists and turns and had me on the edge of my seat. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  Aly3636 | Mar 20, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Travis Simmons's book The Darkling Tide was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Travis Simmons is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,394,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible