The Millionaire by Victoria Purman
332,001,085 (4.67)None
Recently added bybooksnuggle, Ash_P, Bette_Hansen

"The Millionaire" by Victoria Purman is book one in the Malones" series. This is Chris Malone, renowned photographer, and journalist Ellie Flannery's story.

Ellie has always admired Chris' work. Chris and Ellie meet by accident. Their first encounters did not go well. In the end they ended up working together for a charity auction for the Royal Flying Doctors of Australia.

Chris and Ellie come from two really different backgrounds. They both have things in their past that they are basically running from. There is definitely chemistry between them. You could feel the sexual tension between them. Will Chris and Ellie take a chance on love?

I absolutely loved this story! It was great watching Chris and Ellie fall in love. This story incorporates family dynamics, passion, romance, and two people dealing with their past hurts. The characters were great. I especially loved Ellie's grandparents. I look forward to the next book in this series.

I received a copy of this book from Tule Publishing for an honest review. FYI, contains mature content. ( )
  booksnuggle | Mar 26, 2016 |
This book was very unexpected. With a title like this, one would assume it is about some spoiled, fancy pants guy who is used to every luxury in this world getting his just desserts. But it was quite the opposite. Chris Malone is the anti-thesis of the stereotypical millionaire doing everything possible to disassociate himself from his old money family, pursuing the career of a photojournalist in every war torn corner of this earth while trying to remain as low profile as possible. Ellie Flannery is a journalist for a local newspaper, flippant and bold but with a heart of gold. Fate and misunderstanding throw the two of them together and results in a love story that is as much soul searching as it is heartbreaking.

Free copy given in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
Excellent read! This is a new to me author and I must say I really enjoyed her writing style. In this story mentally exhausted photojournalist Chris Malone is just trying to find some down time to get his head back in the game. When he is abrupt and rude to Ellie Flannery, he finds himself in a social media nightmare. As they work together to fix his image and raise money for her favorite charity their story really begins. This is a good one and I definitely recommend it. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,581,129 books! | Top bar: Always visible