Fifteen by Jen Estes

Fifteen

by Jen Estes

Fifteen (The Dreamwalker Diaries Book 1) by Jen Estes is a very intense and young adult fantasy novel but one that adults will love too! It is so well done, and it keeps you on your toes. It is a nail biter, a fantasy, touch of romance, time travel, and just plain awesome! Every fifteen years there is a Dreamwalker, and lucky for our gal of the story, she is it. She is to save the world basically. It is soooo exciting. The plot is well thought out and the characters very well developed. I was going to give this a 4 star although I could not stop reading it until 2 am, but I thought about it the rest of the night. Any book that lingers that much and I keep thinking about must be a 5 star. There is so much to it, the back and forth time travel is well planned. This is why I normally don't like time travel books but this one is great. There are so many twists and surprises in the book, even to the end. Wow. I can't wait to read Sixteen! Thanks to Curiosity Quills I had a chance to read this book. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jan 2, 2017 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Ash has a repetitive dream and it's not a nice one. Fifteen years from now she's to be executed and thrown in front of a hideous monster. But, as in Groundhog Day, she's able to change some small details every day that will eventually lead to massive changes.

I was immediately intrigued when I first heard about the book. It really sounded like something I'd like. And I did like it, but perhaps not as much as I thought I would. The premise is fantastic, it's kind-of time travel, Groundhog Day and Inception all together.But while Ash her story was interesting, there were some things in her life that bothered me.

Not a lot is explained about everything that has changed in this future world. It's only fifteen years and it looks completely different. Even the language. I would have liked to see a bit more worldbuilding there. In current day Ash her life, I mostly got annoyed by the character of Nadette, her 'sister'. I understand that's she's written to be the character you don't like, but that seemed to me the only reason she existed. The whole subplot with the college and the dreamlab didn't work for me either. Her struggling between wanting to stay awake and having to sleep was interesting, as was the dream-in-dream-to-the-past thing, although things got a bit confusing at that time.

I will definitely read the next book in this series!

Fifteen is the first book in the Dreamwalker Diaries.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
There are several characters in this story. This story is about a 15 y/o girl that is having severe nightmares. Should I say the same nightmare of her own death every night for 3 months straight? The main character is Ash that has the ghoulish nightmares of her own death and is tired of them to say the least. Ash attempts to get help from a college professor that is working on dream studies. Dr. Robert Deitz, Who teaches Ash to control some of her dreams. Ash must learn to go into her dreams and change the future to be able to change the past. To get back to her own time and be a normal teenager will set loose a stream of things she just cannot understand.
This story is good, it takes dreams, nightmares, a couple of great looking guys and a few rich people, mixes them together and makes for a plot you won’t get the whole of it until you finish the story. ( )
  lcsdr60 | Feb 20, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,288,938 books! | Top bar: Always visible