Dubiosity by Christy Barritt

Author: Christy Barritt
Pages: 325
year: 2015
Publisher: Waterfall Press
My rating 5 out of 5 stars.
The main two characters in the book it seemed to me were Savannah and Clive. Neither are willing to open up to others about who they really are and why they are in a small town. Savannah came to hide and pay penance for what she believed was her fault. No one knows that except her good friend Marty. Marty is a unique woman who loves conspiracy theories and caring for migrant workers and families.
When Savannah begins to experience unusual events and threats to her privacy, she wants to run, but where will she go? When Marty is hurt, Savannah believes she owes her best friend the duty of doing the job of taking care of others until she is better. However, in the shadows is a nefarious person who believes she is for him alone and plans on taking out anyone who interferes with his plans.
There is quite a bit more to the novel that will keep you turning pages as you get caught in the web of figuring out what is going to happen. The book is an exciting and suspense-filled tale that ends in a way that speaks of overcoming fear and the fact that God can totally restore a person’s heart. I couldn’t put the book down until I knew how the author identified the antagonist and restored some of the town’s heart.
Don’t miss this book as it sets the stage for the following books Disillusioned and Distorted! One more thing, each book just gets better and better! They are well written, faith filled while addressing some real-life issues! ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Sep 29, 2016 |
Dubiosity
Christy Barritt

Book Summary: Savannah Harris vowed to leave behind her old life as an intrepid investigative reporter. But when a friend raises suspicions about two migrant workers who’ve gone missing from the sleepy coastal town Savannah calls home, her curiosity spikes. As ever more eerie incidents begin afflicting the area, each works to draw Savannah out of her seclusion and raise the stakes—for both Savannah and the surrounding community. Even as Savannah’s new boarder, Clive Miller, makes her feel things she thought long forgotten, she suspects he’s hiding something too, and he’s not the only one. Doubts collide in Savannah’s mind: Who can she really trust? As secrets emerge and danger closes in, Savannah must choose between faith and uncertainty. One wrong decision might spell the end…not just for her, but for everyone around her. Will she unravel the mystery in time, or will doubt get the best of her?

Review: I loved the storyline it pulled me in right away. I found Savannah to be very realistic and well written. The storyline flowed very well and the mystery was great. I found the dialogue and the plot were well written. There was enough mystery going on that held my attention. The plot moved at a good speed and before I knew it the end was at hand. So much was happening that it truly was hard to figure out who was the murderer. Clive was just as much of a mystery at the start and as the story progressed the details of who he was were provided. This truly was a great book because little than big mysteries were revealed which kept me hanging on.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Waterfall Press for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. ( )
  Robin661 | Sep 14, 2016 |
Before picking up Dubiosity, I had only read cozy mysteries by Christy Barritt. But a FB group recommended this one, so I gave it a try. With this novel, Barritt has proven to me that she can write outstanding page-turning suspense with a romantic touch.

Set in a small town on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, this novel is filled with conspiracies and intrigue. Migrant workers are getting ill, while others have gone missing. The director of the agency tasked with helping them may or may not have attempted suicide. And many characters are not who they seem. Savannah Harris and Clive Miller team up to investigate, yet their pasts keep getting in the way of truly trusting each other.

Dubiosity is a complex novel with lots of twists and turns and even more suspects. I was suspicious of one character in particular, but did not get final confirmation until the very end. Barritt did a good job of hiding his/her identity. I really liked the two main characters, both of whom had endured trauma and heartbreak, but were determined to find healing and hope. The narrator did a good job as well, giving each character a unique voice.

If you are a fan of Terri Blackstock or Brandilyn Collins, then definitely check out Dubiosity.

Recommended.

Audience: adults. ( )
  vintagebeckie | Mar 9, 2015 |
Savannah Harris is dealing with her own grief and although no longer an investigator reporter, she begins to investigate when migrant workers are vanishing and her friend is in a coma from an apparent suicide attempt. Along, with her boarder, Clive Miller (who has secrets of his own), they are determined to find the answers.

This is a suspense, thriller, mystery and romance novel all rolled up in one. The characters are likeable and believable and the story unfolds at a pace that I didn’t want to put the book down. This one should be on your winter reading list. ( )
  grumpydan | Feb 20, 2015 |

Savannah Harris vowed to leave behind her old life as an intrepid investigative reporter. But when a friend raises suspicions about two migrant workers who've gone missing from the sleepy coastal town Savannah calls home, her curiosity spikes. As ever more eerie incidents begin afflicting the area, each one works to draw Savannah out of her seclusion and raise the stakes--for both Savannah and the surrounding community. Even as Savannah's new boarder, Clive Miller, makes her feel things she thought long forgotten, she suspects he's hiding something too, and he's not the only one. Doubts collide in Savannah's mind: Who can she really trust? As secrets emerge and danger closes in, Savannah must choose between faith and uncertainty. One wrong decision might spell the end...not just for Savannah but also for everyone around her. Will she unravel the mystery in time, or will doubt get the best of her?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,040 books! | Top bar: Always visible