Temperance (The Arcanian Chronicles, Book…

Temperance (The Arcanian Chronicles, Book One) (Volume 1)

by Ella Frank

521,436,638 (4)None

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but now I've decided that this author can pull off any genre she tries. To me, the appeal to a fantasy story is the otherworldly details, mystery and hidden clues. Temperance is full of these. I just finished reading, but feel like if I reread it, I would catch so many things that I missed the first time.

This is a story involving an alternate realm. During the same time that we are living our day to day, in the land of Arcania, sensualeers, mortals, Guardians, Imperial Guards, castles, magic, swords, an Empress, a Commander, healers, etc. exist in a land where forces constantly struggle to determine the fate of everyone's existence. Nothing has occurred to change the slow decent of life for quite some time here until the four sisters arrive.It was insanity. It was unreal.
And if this was a dream, she wasn't quite ready to wake up.

Ahh, the men of Arcania, what to tell about them?
The brothers Ry'Ker and Mala'Kai are pretty hunky, so different and so alike at the same time. Both, I believe, are honorable men. They just possess differing morals. Ry is the right hand to the Commander, and Kai follows only himself. I must say that Kai totally won me over. He can rescue me any day.He was like everything else in this strange, new world—a beautiful nightmare. Dark, dangerous, and lethal.Li'Am and Si'Bastian, father and son, Commander and sensualeer—these two are very interesting. We have barely scratched the surface on what's in store for them. I can see that both will most likely skirt and hop the good/evil boundaries in this series. I do have a soft spot for Bastian. He's the character that has my attention the most at this moment.

All of the people are connected—the girls, their mother, the heroes, villains and all between. I have lots of theories right now, but mentioning them would be spoiling. Temperance is a learn as you go book. You have to figure out who or what things and people are as the clues drop and the happenings unfold.Your two eldest are the first on my list, temperance and strength—we don't want any of that.
I'm so ready for book 2. If you are looking for something different, the full fantasy experience, this is probably the story for you. Anyone that knows me knows that I love to ferret out the significance of inner messages in a fantasy storyline. Several were offered in this read.
4.5 stars

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/01/temperance-by-ella-frank... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

And if this was a dream, she wasn't quite ready to wake up.

Ahh, the men of Arcania, what to tell about them?

4.5 stars

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,424,647 books! | Top bar: Always visible