Help Wanted by Jebiwonkenobi

Help Wanted

by Jebiwonkenobi

411,664,912 (3.33)None

4.5 stars

Stiles winces. "Don't call it a crush. One does not simply crush on Derek Hale."

Jebiwonkenobi writes one of my favorite Dereks. They write a pretty solid Stiles as well. I will give you a "warning" of sorts though - Jebiwonkenobi's fics are quirky. I LOVE quirky, this is my kind of fic, but this probably won't be a popular Sterek, but if you like the rather eccentric fics, read this.

Here's the premise: Stiles becomes hung up on why he and Derek aren't friends. So, in a very Stiles fashion, he creates a resume of how good a friend he is to people complete with recommendations and mails it to Derek Hale. In a bit of a shocking twist, Derek plays along and sends a resume of his friendship skills back. This is a "conversation centric" fic. There is not a lot of action in this fic and much of what takes place is just a series of emotionally charged, awkwardly stilted conversations. The focus is Stiles pushing to evolve his relationship with Derek from camaraderie to friendship to intimacy. It is PG, I guess considered "pre-slash" until the ending fireworks ;p. It is painful and sweet and awkward and worthy of a screen adaptation by Wes Anderson.

I love every page of it.

Behind the spoiler tag is the boys' resumes put together as I was able to interpret from the text. I will tell you I think it is better to nopt click on the spoiler if you are planning on reading this fic and let the poignancy of these resumes hit you in the gut while you are reading this fic, but I wanted to note these somewhere for my personal reference, so proceed at your own risk with the warning that you might appreciate them better if waiting to read them in the fic. I know that is really obnoxious of me, right? Sorry.

Stiles' Resume

Experience:
Best friend to Scott McCall (2004-Present)
Forced Aquaintance to Jackson Whittmore (2007-Present)

Skills:
Bullshitting

Recommendations:
From Scott McCall - Not only is Stiles my best friend and the smartest human being I know - aside from Lydia Martin, of course - but he's the only reason I'm still alive and I don't know what I'd do without him.

From Boyd: I've met worse people.

Derek's Resume

Relative to Hale Family (1989-2004)
Patsy to Kate Argent (2004)
Brother to Laura Hale (1989-2010)
??? to Scott McCall (2010-Present)

Recommendations:

From Peter Hale - He's my favorite person who's ever ripped my throat out.

MrsKnightley | Oct 16, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,315,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible