Verum by Courtney Cole

Verum

by Courtney Cole

Series: Nocte (2)

These books are twisted in ways you can't even imagine. Every time I think I know whats going on, I'm wrong. Or, worse, I'm sort of right. I can't believe I have to wait for the next one! You just don't know whats real in these books. Except the pain; the pain is real. ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

Verum doesn't deviate from the setup of Nocte: it continuously builds until the big reveal and leaves you wondering "what on earth just happened?!"

Why I would rate this one lower than Nocte is simply because of the plot execution. It was a lot of "I can't tell you" and that got tiring to read on an ongoing basis (especially when Nocte had a similar theme already). I don't like books where you are purposefully left in the dark like that--they frustrate me even if I understand why the characters are doing things that way (like I did here). I suppose the bright side is that it keeps me on my toes, wanting to know what happens next. And the reveal was worth it in the end.

Overall, a fantastic read that fans of Nocte will undoubtedly enjoy!

Full Review: http://wp.me/p3txrs-19Z
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
What do I think about Verum by Miss Courtney Cole. WHAT DO I THINK?

Throughout the entire book I was mad with confusion, why? What? How? When? I had so many ever changing theories on very other chapter and I am going mad with rage on how long I have to wait for the final book.

I will admit I was slightly annoyed in her choppy repetitive sentences, but as I got to the ending it all made sense. It was all of a sudden so magically, brilliantly written I want to cry. Tear of joy, tears of sadness (tears of madness). I found my self even praying to the Book God that this prediction I feel is coming is not true,

I need book 3 like I need air at this point, I have so many questions that I need answers to, what a complete and total mind F$#k ( )
  Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning. My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets. Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore. The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me. I’m entangled in the darkness. But the truth will set me free. It’s just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me. Are you scared? I am.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 25 Jul 2015 05:38:33 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,812,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible