Bad Things

Bad Things

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byToniFGMAMTC, WWDG, DreZ
bdsm (2) best-m-m (1) erotic (1) jodi-to-lend (1) m-m (2) m-m-m (1) psychology (1) to-read (1)

4.5 stars

We met Xavier in Dangerously Happy. He was a bit scary to say the least. He is huge and strong and intimidating. Xavier is carrying around a lot of anger and need for revenge.

Carson is living a half-life. His inner-self is burning for acceptance and real love, but he keeps that fire snuffed out.

Xavier and Carson meet at work. Carson is just floating through life. He's finally found a job that pays well bar tending. Xavier took the job to get closer to men he knows are involved in some pretty atrocious activities. A few things happen that lead to Carson being held prisoner in Xavier's basement. Xavier skirts a thin line between miracle worker and madman.[...] but then Carson stopped protesting. Stopped struggling. That happened, sometimes. One of the strange, beautiful effects of the gag: when a man can't move, and you take his voice away, he stops being an actor, an agent who does things to control his environment and his fate.
This book is a story of healing through the therapy of sex. I can see how some would label the sex as excessive, but if all the different scenes are broken down, they each show an important step on the road to healing. Every moment is significant and serves a specific purpose. Some parts are so touching that I was tearing up. Reading the story of Xavier and Carson was a spiritual experience for me.

This book contains some BDSM, M/M/M scenes, the art of photography, painful pasts, psychology and love. So much happens within, but most I can't discuss because it needs to be experienced. I would ruin the point in my delivery of an explanation. While reading, I could actually feel the adoration of the male form that I believe the author was trying to convey. The bodies were worshiped. It wasn't all about hard dicks and 6 pack abs."Can you see it? How connected we are? How deeply we've learned each other, how we know each other now?"
I give this book 5 deep stars and recommend you read it. In the words of Xavier—"Go on. Be hungry. Be selfish. Be greedy. Revel in it."

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/09/bad-things-by-varian-kry... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible