Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Can You Keep a Secret? (original 2003; edition 2005)

by Sophie Kinsella

Member:Sluisb421
Title:Can You Keep a Secret?
Authors:Sophie Kinsella
Info:Dial Press Trade Paperback (2005), Paperback, 368 pages

Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella (2003)

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: If you like chick lit that features humorous (even embarrassing) office blunders and romantic bumbles...
    Snap Happy by Fiona Walker (HazardMain)
    The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot (Runa)
    Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot (Runa)
    Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot (Runa)
    She'll Take It by Mary Carter (Norabee)
    Norabee: Totally different storyline but has the same quit wit and energy in the plot and character development - highly recommended!

English (152)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (156)
There's something about Sophie Kinsella's books that keep drawing me back in.
Its just fun, easy reading that is at its core, pure escapism.

I hear they're making this into a movie and i'm very intrigued to see how it turns out! ( )
  SaraChook | Jun 19, 2019 |
I need to get better at rating things honestly. 2 stars on GR is "it was okay" and this was just okay. It was a fun listen. Entertainment for the commute if nothing else. It was told strictly from the main characters POV which was sometimes hilarious and sometimes really annoying. There was too much judgement in this story, which maybe I should have expected from a book about secrets. ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
Rereading this one for the zillionth time. Maybe my favourite Sophie Kinsella book (either this one, the first Shopaholic or I've Got Your Number). Just such a good mix of heart, humour, romance and the sparkly bubbliness I've come to expect from her. ( )
  annhepburn | Mar 4, 2018 |
I don't know who came up with the idea that chick-lit was equal to scatterbrained female characters, shallow personalities, bitchy co-workers and an outlandish fascination with lipsticks. But whoever it was, he/she/it was wrong. As a woman, I think I am feeling even a tad insulted here.

The only reason for not rating it with one lousy star is because, at times, I was slightly interested in the story.

Tacuazin | Feb 28, 2018 |
Total mindless chicklit hilarity. Fun! ( )
  Siubhan | Feb 28, 2018 |
Emma (± 21) werkt in Londen als marketing-assistente bij Panther NV, wat haar familie te min vindt, zodat ze haar werk aandikt. Ook tegen haar nieuwe vriend, de knappe maar saaie Connor, maakt ze dingen mooier. Als tijdens een zakenreisje haar vliegtuig in turbulentie terechtkomt, raakt ze in paniek en biecht haar onbekende buurman haar geheimen op. Bij aankomst is ze zo in de war dat ze Connors voorstel om samen te wonen accepteert. Haar biechtvader blijkt echter Jack, haar hoogste baas te zijn die alles heeft onthouden wat ze zei en belangstelling voor haar heeft. [...]. Van de Engelse financieel journaliste verschenen enkele bestsellers. Ook deze luchtige roman, die vooral werkende jonge vrouwen van ± 18 tot 32 zal aanspreken, leest lekker weg. Een herkenbaar verhaal, waarin heel veel in hoog tempo gebeurt, met vaak komische misverstanden, romantiek en veel Engelse humor.
added by Liyanna | editBiblion, Madelon de Swart

Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Selkälä, UllaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Gelder, MariëtteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wiberg, CarlaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To H, for whom I have no secrets.
Well, not many, anyway.
Of course I have secrets.

Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Secrets from her boyfriend: I've always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur. Secrets she wouldn't share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is. Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger.…Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company's elusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440241901, Mass Market Paperback)

Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Secrets from her boyfriend: I’ve always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur. Secrets she wouldn’t share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is. Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger.…Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company’s elusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:49 -0400)

After the worst day of her life, Emma Corrigan spills her darkest secrets to a stranger on an airplane, but when he re-emerges in her life, she will have to face the things she said to him, and her growing feelings for him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,505,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible