Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Can You Keep a Secret? (original 2003; edition 2005)

by Sophie Kinsella

Member:msdana
Title:Can You Keep a Secret?
Authors:Sophie Kinsella
Info:Dell (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Read

Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella (2003)

Recently added bygulp, private library, carolina_reader, Pidray, arena90, Michelleh90, PJ817, misshannahlori
    Snap Happy by Fiona Walker (HazardMain)
    The Boy Next Door by Meggin Cabot (Runa)
    Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot (Runa)
    Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot (Runa)
    She'll Take It by Mary Carter (Norabee)
    Norabee: Totally different storyline but has the same quit wit and energy in the plot and character development - highly recommended!

English (124)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (128)
I fell in love with Emma! You just have to love the way her mind works. Laugh out loud book that will have you reading every book you can find by Sophie Kinsella ( )
  kayfray | Aug 9, 2014 |
Sophie Kinsella's best book in my opinion. I feel her Shopaholic character is selfish and a doormat. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Leí este libro para pasar el rato, sin mayores pretensiones, ya que realmente nunca espero demasiado de los chick-lit, pero me lleve una enorme sorpresa cuando no podía parar de reír con cada pagina que pasaba.

No es una revelación de la literatura y contiene algunos clichés, pero es muy muy muy divertida y fácil de leer. ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
Cute, as Kinsella's books always are, but not as enjoyable to me as the Shopaholic series. I can't really put my finger on why. Lissie is a more likeable heroine. Her situation is very readable. I DID like the book. It just wasn't as wonderful as I expect a Kinsella book to be.

I'm sure it's just me ( )
  wareagle78 | Feb 8, 2014 |
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of Panther Corporations must be in want of a "nothing special" girl."

“I've always had this deep-down conviction that I'm not like everybody else, and there's an amazingly exciting new life waiting for me just around the corner.”

Goal: Give Sophie Kinsella another chance.

Result: Laugh my ass off.

Overall Goal: To Be Impressed.

Overall Result: Blown away by sheer wittiness.

This book is what made me hooked to chicklit in the first place. Nothing I've ever read in this genre has measured up to Can You Keep A Secret, it was PERFECT. I've read this book a gazillion times, and it still makes me laugh until my sides split. Every time.
A lot of people (okay, none) agree with me, but this is Kinsella's best book. It's better than the shopaholic series. I didn't like the shopaholic series. At all. I mean, halfway through the first book I wanted to strangle Becky. Confessions of A Shopaholic was one of those books I wanted to like more than I did. But I still forced myself to read the second book, and it still wasn't doing anything for me. I mean, sure, the books were funny, but the whole thing was kind of meh. I liked the movie a lot better.
Sophie Kinsella writes better novels than sequels. ( )
1 vote potterhead9.75 | Jan 5, 2014 |

Raffo, AnnamariaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Selkälä, Ulla(KÄÄnt.)secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Gelder, MariëtteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wiberg, CarlaöVers.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To H, for whom I have no secrets.
Well, not many, anyway.
Of course I have secrets.

Emma is like every girl in the world. She has a few little secrets. Secrets from her mother: 1 - I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom to Danny Nussbaum while Mun and Dad were downstairs watching Ben Hur. From her boyfriend: 2 - I'm a size twelve. not a size eight, like connor thinks. 3 - I've always thought connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. From her colleagues: 4 - When Artemis really annoys me, I feed her plant orange juice. (Which is pretty much every day). 5 - It was me who jammed the copier that time. In fact, all the times. Secrets she wouldn't share with anyone in the world: 6 - My G string is hurting me. 7 - I faked my Maths GCSE grade on my CV.
8 - I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is... ... Until she spills them to a stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stanger...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440241901, Mass Market Paperback)

Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Secrets from her boyfriend: I’ve always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur. Secrets she wouldn’t share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is. Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger.…Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company’s elusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:37 -0400)

After the worst day of her life, Emma Corrigan spills her darkest secrets to a stranger on an airplane, but when he re-emerges in her life, she will have to face the things she said to him, and her growing feelings for him.

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,311,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible