The London Stories by Helen Smith

The London Stories

by Helen Smith

91950,433 (2.5)None

STORY-LINE THE LONDON STORIES BY HELEN SMITH:

The London Stories, An Emily Castles Mystery Collection, by author Helen Smith has 3 novella's filled with mystery and intrigue. In book one, Three Sisters, we find Emily at a community bonfire. Filled with strange characters and events, Emily must find a murderer. Book two, Showstopper, finds Emily working at Showstopper where she must find a blackmailer and solve a murder. In Book 3, Emily has a puzzle on her hands which she must solve within 15 minutes, save the stores Christmas display, and bring a child happiness. My review of The London Stories follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

I found each story complete unto itself, yet, each flowed into the next story with characters we knew. Emily, something of an amateur detective, uses her powers of observation to solve the three mysteries we find in The London Stories. The plots were intriguing and held my attention. I must say my least favorite story, Three Sisters, still held my attention and interest.

With a range of locations, Smith takes the reader from a bonfire party in residential London, to a children's dance studio, and finally a department store at Christmas. I found the writing clear and easy to follow with smooth and steady pacing. Due to the shorter length of novellas, the author could not expand on development or plotting as could be done with a longer novel. However, Smith skillfully, included everything need in each novella to produce a solid intriguing story-line.

The antagonists were not revealed until the last possible moment and will surprise the reader when revealed. Story three has a twist the reader will love. In concluding my review of The London Stories, I found three solid mysteries with well-developed characters and intriguing story-lines. I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

THE LONDON STORIES RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, The London Stories is a clean read suitable for anyone who loves a good mystery. This is a clean book.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

In addition I borrowed this book from kindle unlimited as well as, receiving this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book/novel with honest reviews for mystery novel, The London Stories. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book/novel review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book/novel reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced my voluntary reviews for mystery novel, The London Stories. ( )
  vera_mallard | Jun 3, 2017 |

~ Three Emily Castles mysteries now available in one bundle of fun.~

THREE SISTERS. Join twenty-six year old amateur sleuth Emily Castles at a bonfire night party hosted by a mysterious troupe of performers as she conducts her first murder investigation.

In SHOWSTOPPERS, Emily investigates blackmail and murder at a London stage school.

In REAL ELVES, Emily has fifteen minutes to solve a puzzle in a London department store that will stop Christmas being ruined for a young child.

"Helen Smith has created a great little cozy series with the charming Emily Castles." Criminal Element

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:39 -0400)

Helen Smith is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible