Silver Bells by Luanne Rice

Silver Bells

by Luanne Rice

loved the book and movie ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
pleasant but predictable ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
This was a tv movie that I really enjoyed, so I went looking for the book. The details are a little different, but the book is still enjoyable and a nice holiday read. ( )
  susan259 | Jan 20, 2016 |
Every December, Christy Byrne travels from his Nova Scotia farm to Manhattan to sell his Christmas trees. The year before his sixteen-year-old son, Danny, ran off and disappeared into the streets of New York. Librarian Catherine Tierney loved Christmas until three years ago when her beloved husband died on Christmas Eve. Silver Bells is about the coming together of these two people, saying goodbye to the past, forgiveness and forgiving, and moving forward in life. The spirit of Christmas sometimes brings us our dreams. I liked the book but it gushed a bit. ( )
  punxsygal | Jan 16, 2016 |
A very emotional holiday story. It was light on romance but the strong feelings and tears it invoked more that compensated. Shortly after I started I realized I saw this movie but the book is so much richer. Tree farmer Christy from Nova Scotia brought his trees to New York and tries to sell one to librarian Catherine as she walks by.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
To Brother Luke Armour
All summer long the trees had grown tall and full, roots deep in the rich island soil, branches yearning toward the golden sun.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553588559, Mass Market Paperback)

The enchantment of the holidays meets the pure storytelling genius of New York Times bestselling author Luanne Rice, as she presents readers with a special gift for the season and a Christmas classic in the making…

On a quaint, snowy Chelsea street, librarian Catherine Tierney and a widowed Christmas tree seller from Nova Scotia will rediscover the magic of the season where they least expect it: in a chance encounter that leads to a holiday surprise of love and hope powerful enough to last a lifetime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:58 -0400)

Can a Canadian Christmas tree farmer and a sweet librarian find true love in New York at Christmas?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,716,716 books! | Top bar: Always visible