Silver Bells by Luanne Rice

by Luanne Rice

256None44,818 (3.06)8

I loved this story. ( )
  KristiB41 | May 7, 2012 |
I picked this book for my book group and I thought it would be nice to read a christmas story that was not long in length. I was my first book that I have by the author so I can not compare it to her other ones. Christopher Byrne and his two children traveled from their tree farm in Cape Breton , Nova Scotia to NYC to sell Christmas trees in the beginning of December. The year before Mr. Byrne's teenage son danny runs away without any word. Un beknown to him Lizzie(owns a shop near where mr. byrne sells his trees) and her friend Catherine how where he is/have seen him. The story really is about a father searching for and finding his son while Catherine comes to a realization that she must finally let go of her husband brian who died three years early and how Mr. Byrne and Catherine come to find each other. ( )
  laws | Dec 16, 2008 |
Every December, Christy Byrne travels from his Nova Scotia farm to Manhattan to sell his Christmas trees. The year before his sixteen-year-old son, Danny, ran off and disappeared into the streets of New York. Librarian Catherine Tierney loved Christmas until three years ago when her beloved husband died on Christmas Eve. Silver Bells is about the coming together of these two people, saying goodbye to the past, forgiveness and forgiving, and moving forward in life. The spirit of Christmas sometimes brings us our dreams. ( )
  punxsygal | Jul 8, 2008 |
I picked it up thinking it was Luanne someone else plus it had a Christmas cover and it was Christmas. Embarrassingly schmaltzy romance novel with a grieving rich young Manhattanite widow falling for a gruff working class Nova Scotian tree farmer. I like to defend romance novels but this one makes it difficult. ( )
  triscuit | Jan 3, 2008 |
To Brother Luke Armour
All summer long the trees had grown tall and full, roots deep in the rich island soil, branches yearning toward the golden sun.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553588559, Mass Market Paperback)

The enchantment of the holidays meets the pure storytelling genius of New York Times bestselling author Luanne Rice, as she presents readers with a special gift for the season and a Christmas classic in the making…

On a quaint, snowy Chelsea street, librarian Catherine Tierney and a widowed Christmas tree seller from Nova Scotia will rediscover the magic of the season where they least expect it: in a chance encounter that leads to a holiday surprise of love and hope powerful enough to last a lifetime.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:33 -0400)

Can a Canadian Christmas tree farmer and a sweet librarian find true love in New York at Christmas?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,490,098 books! | Top bar: Always visible