Star Trek Volume 9: The Q Gambit by Mike…

Star Trek Volume 9: The Q Gambit

by Mike Johnson

The mischievous Q plucks Enterprise and its crew from its timeline and dumps them in the future where they will meet some familiar faces from the Star Trek lore...

I was sucked into this story like a spaceship through a wormhole...it was almost too damn frustrating reading it with the Bluefire reading app because it took too long for the bloody pages to load.

Kirk and his crew meet a lot of familiar faces when they get to the future, but I will not tell you any names, much more fun to read this graphic novel without any spoilers. It was a great read and it would have gotten 5 stars if not the art had been a bit too eh how should I put it; crude? Simple? Not beautiful enough for my taste? Sure you recognize the characters, and it was extremely bad, I mean the scenery and the ships were gorgeous, but the characters...not so much.

But other than that, it was a blast to read!

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

Review also posted on And Now for Something Completely Different and It's a Mad Mad World ( )
  MaraBlaise | Nov 19, 2017 |
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was fun! In short, Q appears and things go awry for the Enterprise crew, as well as (others). The writers obviously know their Star Trek and all of its iterations, including the original (rebooted) crew, the Next Generation, and Deep Space Nine. Even some supporting characters make appearances, and every one was a surprise. There were even some laugh-out-loud moments at these appearances, as well as some gasps of "Oh, no!" when certain bad guys showed up.

The artwork was interesting, not my favorite, but you could tell who was who and what was going on. This is why it wasn't a full five stars.

I'd highly recommend this for Trekkies and Trekers everywhere! ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |
*Book source ~ A review copy was provided by NetGalley & IDW in exchange or an honest review.

It’s Q. No other summary is needed.

Q is back and, boy, have I missed him! I’d have to say that he is my favorite guest alien in Star Trek: The Next Generation. If he were a real boy, I believe he would drive me insane. But since he’s not (I think) I can sit back and enjoy his antics. This time he’s fucking with the original crew of the Enterprise. Well, I guess I should differentiate the ‘new’ original crew. You know, in the alternate timeline created by the 2009 movie.

Anyway, Q swings by to chat with Picard, before toddling off to screw with the oldtimers. As it turns out, he’s not just messing around for the fun of it. Say it ain’t so! In the alternate timeline, there’s a whole lot at stake. He just doesn’t say anything until nearly the end. I loved the whole story even the parts that made me sad. And that ending…I do love me some Picard.

The artwork is gorgeous. The colors, the lines, everything. I love it. If you’re a fan of Star Trek, graphic novels and, most especially, Q then this is one that shouldn’t be missed. ( )
1 vote AVoraciousReader | Jan 16, 2015 |

The crew of the new Star Trek time-line encounters the classic Trek villain Q for the first time. The mischievous Q sends James T. Kirk on a quest that will see the Enterprise joining forces with familiar faces from Star Trek lore.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,460,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible