Harvest by Robert Pobi

Harvest

by Robert Pobi

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byPenske, Twink

I love that feeling I get in the first few pages of a new book when I realize that a) I'm in for a really good read and b)I've found a new author to follow.

Such is the case with Rob Pobi and his new novel Harvest.

A heat wave has blanketed New York City and a vicious killer is dismembering wealthy young white boys.

Alexandra Hemingway - 'Hemi' is a NYC Homicide Detective. Pobi quickly immerses us in this character's life. Hemi is a tough as nails, take no prisoners, kick butt character that I loved right from the start. Her partner Phelps is also a character that I was immediately drawn to. He's the calmer, rational side of the duo. The depiction of their partnership and the dialogue between the two is easy and believable. Pobi includes a secondary personal storyline for Hemi that gives her character more depth.

Pobi grabs the reader by the throat right from the get go - and never lets up. His plotting is excellent and really quite inventive. The ending twist was a nice little gotcha. The pacing is good as the chapters are short - perfect for reading just one more before turning off the lights. But you might want to leave the night light on....Harvest is not for the faint of heart - the crimes are disturbing and graphic.

Harvest is the first book featuring Hemi and Phelps - and I really hope it's only the first of many. This is a duo I really liked. And one heck of a good read. Absolutely recommended for thriller fans. ( )
  Twink | Jan 16, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,423,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible