No Tea, No Shade by Clancy Nacht

No Tea, No Shade

by Clancy Nacht

113,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byelisa.rolle
ebook (1) Loose Id (1) m-m (1)

I was curious about this novel due to the particularity of the main character, that if you want to define in a simplicistic way, is an hermaphrodite. To be more specific, Lindsey was diagnosed with the Klinefelter's syndrome, that means he has one extra X chromosome: male have XY chromosomes, female XX chromosomes; a human with XXY, having the Y chromosome is considered a male, but genetically he is both male and female.

In the novel Lindsey has a very feminine look, but his behaviour is totally male, so much that he is brave and bossy, even with Hank, the former high school quarterback who was his juvenile crush. That didn't end well, so bad indeed that Hank is on the verge of suicide; his high school girlfriend, well aware of who is Hank's real love interest, pushes him to go and look for Lindsey, who is now performing as a drag queen in a local night club.

Hank was a real surprise, I started the novel fully expecting to be enthralled by Lindsey and eventually my favorite was Hank. He was a mix of fury inside a fluffy ball, a power that unleashes only if the ones he loves are in danger.

The story flows smooth and basically without bumps, and to my taste maybe a little too fast: I was enjoying both Hank than Lindsey's characters so much that I would have liked to stay with them for a little longer. All the interactions with both parents are very quick, and I think there is space for at least another novel, or maybe a "coming back together" novella.

elisa.rolle | Jan 16, 2015 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,875,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible