Kiatana's Journey (Creatures of the Lands)…

Kiatana's Journey (Creatures of the Lands) (Volume 1)

by Natalie Erin

A fairy, a shapeshifter, an adventurer, and some adorable wolf puppies set out on a quest to save the forest from a mysterious plague. I'm all about unique fantasy, and this novel has that to the brim! Unfortunately, it also had its problems. The writing felt unstable and draft-like. There were consistency problems (such as one wolf pup remembering something that happened years before she was born), and info-dumps in the middle of what could have been a fascinating plot moment. The hardest for me to read was the dialogue--every character sounded exactly the same, with the same sarcasm and the same wit to the point where I would frequently lose track of who was talking. I had to stop about halfway into the book, when I realized that it wasn't getting better and I wasn't enjoying it. Fascinating idea but poor writing forces me to give it one star. ( )
  Amanda_Clemmer2015 | Sep 14, 2015 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I actually enjoyed the book although a lot went on with sometimes too much info and later not enough. I am still not sure how, when or where Kiatana and Keota fell in love. There was however lots of action and fun in the book and it was an enjoyable read so I was able to forgive some of the inconsistencies. This is probably more of a YA book but a good release for seasoned readers. ( )
  thicks | Jul 9, 2015 |
kiatana was a fun read it was refreshing it was nice to see that the main character showed sass ( )
  jessica7751 | Jul 7, 2015 |
I was gifted this book from LibraryThing for an honest review. Kiatana's Journey is a delightful fantasy about a sassy fairy, Kiatana, who runs the forest in which she lives. She really wants to get away from her responsibilities so when Keota and his changer Ionan appear she decides to make a journey with them. Before they can leave a deadly plague strikes the creatures living in the forest so their journey turns into a quest to find the cure. Two cute lion cubs accompany them on their way.
The quest takes place in a nicely drawn world. Ms. Erin describes her surroundings and characters in interesting and varied ways. Parts of the story at the beginning were a little rushed and I would have liked to learn more about the forest at the beginning of the book. I did find that the story was a little juvenile for me, but I think it's perfect for younger preteen readers. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jul 2, 2015 |
I received this book from Megan Linski of Gryfyn Publishing for my honest review.

The story starts out with two wolves, (brother and sister) play fighting. Then we are introduced to the main character, Kiatana who is the ruler of the forest. In steps the Accompany, Keota, and his changer, Ionen, who fall from the sky. We learn here that Kiatana is a sassy, smart mouthed fairy who won't put up with any guff. But something is wrong with the forest--animals are dying and Kiatana doesn't know what to do. The only thing that will cure the sickness is a unicorn's horn. So with the help of Keota and Ionen, she goes in search of the cure. Along with them, go the two wolves that started the story.

This is a beautifully written book. The characters are strong and personable, and the scenes very descriptive. The story flowed well and kept me interested. This book would be a good read for middle grade and I think also for adults that read to their older little ones who like to be read to. I would recommend this book to everyone. ( )
  Cricket2014 | Jul 1, 2015 |

Dragons fly, animals can speak and fairies rule over all in the realm they call the Lands, a place that is both beautiful and dangerous. Only one myth remains...Changers, beasts who can morph into any creature at will, and their Accompanies, the mysterious riders who command them.  Chaos begins when a Changer called Ionan and his Accompany Keota crash down from the sky. They are found by two orphan wolf pups searching for their mother, and the fairy Kiatana, owner of the Verinian Forest. Kiatana refuses to trust the handsome stranger, or believe the story about his troubled past, but she soon finds she has bigger problems as a plague begins to spread throughout her land, killing all in sight. With no option Kiatana heads out on a quest with Keota, Ionan, the two wolves and her trusty pegasus to find a cure before the forest is destroyed forever. But danger has a way of finding her, and Kiatana isn’t sure if she’ll survive the road ahead...

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 22:59:36 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Natalie Erin's book Kiatana's Journey (Creatures of the Lands #1) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,551,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible