Fight for Love by Samantha Kane
611,268,033 (4.5)None
Recently added byaidam, b0bb0, ladyhawk77, LadyIsis

Just as I was beginning to despair that Dr. Thomas “Thom” Peters was going to drink himself to death he finally finds a reason to turn his life around. It has been reading each book and seeing Dr. Peters slip farther into madness. I hadn't caught in the earlier books that Kitty Markham had a thing for Dr. Peters. I am very glad that it was Kitty and Devlin that rescued him and gave him a reason to dry out and start to live again.

Thom Peters has been living with the Peninsula War for ten years. Each day he has fallen father into the bottle and meaningless sex. The nightmares won’t go away not even when he exercises until his muscles are exhausted. It takes Kitty seeing him so worn and exhausted for her to take matters into her own hands. She makes Devlin go and bring Dr. Peters to her house so she can try to help him. Thom realizes that there are people that do really care about him and that Kitty has a soft spot for him. That is the turning point for Thom. He goes through withdrawal and works on getting his health back. Kitty and Devlin keep the nightmares at bay so Thom can start to get a full night sleep. It takes some weeks for Thom to get back on his feet and tries to go back to work. During those weeks he forms an attachment for both Kitty and Devlin. He cares deeply for both of them and when he realizes that Kitty wants a permanent menage he sets out to help her make it happen.

I have always had a fondness for the kind and compassionate doctor. He is one of those gentle but brilliant souls that make the very best doctors. Unfortunately having to decide over and over who was to live and who couldn't be save took a toll on him. Ms. Kane does a good job of showing what so many veterans go through on a daily basis. Thom never tries to commit suicide but he was slowing drinking himself to death. Thom is a good doctor and a good friend. He is intelligent, has a wonderfully dry sense of humor and isn't afraid to admit that he cares as much for Devlin as he does Kitty. Thom is also very brave and strong willed. There aren't many that can survive withdrawal from liquor or drugs. It pleased me to see him fight for his life and the life he wanted with Kitty and Devlin.

Devlin is a product of his environment. He was raised in the slums of London first as a prostitute, then a con and thief until finally he was the boss. I have to respect Devlin he has worked to be a better person and he cares for the people that work for him. He loves Kitty and will do anything to make her life better. However Devlin can be ruthless when he has to be. He is the one that is keeping the peace in the worst areas of London. Devlin is also the dominant partner in this triad. He likes taking control of Kitty and Thom, especially Thom.

Kitty we have met before. She is a friend for Kate Randal. Kitty took over the dress shop that Kate started. She has worked very hard to appear respectable and hard working. She is happy with her life for the most part it would be perfect if she could just get Thom to notice her. Kitty is strong willed, intelligent and very passionate. She is willing to do what needs to be done to get her way. She is also not afraid to take Sir Barnabas James to task when the mood takes her. Kitty is the glue that holds Devlin and Thom together. She is the one the two men will do anything to keep her happy.

I loved seeing Kitty go up against Sir Barnabas. He tries so hard to act put out over helping these three find happiness. I know under all that bluster is a lonely man that needs a pair of mates to keep him happy. I am hoping that Ms. Kane will find a story for Barnabas, Simon and Hastings. There was just something about Hasting that is screaming for a smart, mouthy woman to make his life much more interesting than it currently is.

This story is a m/m/f, m/m story so for those that don't enjoy this type of story please be warned. There is lots of sex in this story and it is as hot as we have come to expect from Samantha Kane. Even though I have waited for this story for a long time I was not disappointed when I finally got to read it. I love this series and I always look forward to a new one. ( )
  LadyIsis | Feb 12, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible