Capturing the Wolf God's Attention (The…

Capturing the Wolf God's Attention (The Werewolves of Willow Lake, #2)

by Marcy Jacks

222,551,640 (3.5)None
Recently added bySerenaYates, Virago77

In the second book of the 'Wolves of Willow Lake', it is Rowan's turn to find his mate. Unlike his brother Edward in the first book, he has never had a mate, so it's all new to him. And that includes the ferocity of today's hunters and their determination to extinguish all werewolves – and their mates. The werewolf gods' background takes a bit of a backseat in this volume, as do their special abilities, and I really hope both of those come back in the next few books!

Dillon is a writer of romance novels, he loves his solitude, and he could not be less aware of anything paranormal happening around him if he tried. His self-confidence has taken a beating, and I suspect much of that has to do with his a**hole of an ex. So when Dillon meets Rowan, who is gorgeous, he cannot believe his luck. Uncharacteristically quick to trust the man, it only takes a little while for Dillon to find himself in deep sh*t, and Rowan explaining all kinds of things to him that he'd rather not have known. And when it comes down to a choice between Rowan and Dillon's family, Dillon needs to make up his mind in a way he never expected.

Rowan, for a centuries old, supposedly very powerful werewolf god, is surprisingly naïve and unable to take care of himself, never mind Dillon. His "incredible powers" never really show, but I guess the story is more suspenseful this way. Maybe he just needs to get used to this day and age and that could take a while with everything being so different. Rowan does manage to keep himself and his mate Dillon alive, albeit with a few close calls, and the love and dedication he feels toward Dillon were a joy to witness, as was the heat between the two men when they hit the sheets.

If you like stories about men who were made for each other, if you enjoy seeing them fight for their lives and (eventually) come out on top, and if you want to know more about the second of the four mysterious werewolf brothers of Willow Lake, then you will probably enjoy this novella.

NOTE: This book was provided by Siren Publishing for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |
I am loving this series almost more than the luna werewolves series. I love the actual supernatural aspect of it. I love these demigod brothers. I'm also glad that we still get to see little glimpses of the luna pack. Cannot want to read about the other two werewolf-god brothers. ( )
  Virago77 | Jun 23, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,859,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible